National Open University of Nigeria is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the following positions below:
3.) University Librarian
Registrar job vacancy at National Open University of Nigeria
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University, responsible to the Vice- Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University.
- The candidate for the post of Registrar must possess a good earned honours Degree from a recognized University, with at least fifteen (15) years relevant post-qualification experience, preferably in an institution of higher learning.
- Possession of higher degree(s), professional qualifications and membership of professional bodies will be an added advantage.
The candidate is also expected to:
- Not be below the rank of Deputy Registrar;
- Show demonstrable evidence of consummate management and leadership passion and drive in previous positions and in addition, must possess excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills;
- Exhibit the ability to be a team leader, who leads by example, has clear mentorship skills and plans, should not be older than sixty (60) years of age upon appointment and should be within the sixty-five (65) years retirement age at the expiration of his/her tenure;
- Enjoy strong physical and mental health;
- Possess personal integrity, demonstrate transparency in private and public life, be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff, students and other members of the University Community;
- Be computer literate and have a good working understanding of communication by internet
- Must have a good working knowledge of current administrative principles, processes and practices.
Terms and Conditions of Service Applicable to the Post
- The Registrar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Registrar in all Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government/Governing Council of the University.
Application Closing Date
17th June, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their Application, including Thirty (30) copies of duly signed Curriculum Vitae. The Curriculum Vitae must contain the following:
- Candidate’s Name in full
- Marital status
- Educational attainments
- Professional and academic achievements.
All applications and referees’ reports should be submitted under confidential cover, and addressed to:
National Open University of Nigeria University Village,
Plot 91, Cadastral Zone Nnamdi Azikiwe Expressway,
Send to: email@example.com
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees.
- Each applicant should request each of his/her referees to forward, direct to the Registrar, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope marked: Post of Registrar: Referee’s Report, with name of candidate at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
***NOTE***: Click PREVIOUS to access the previous vacant position.