Action Against Hunger | ACF International is currently recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
1.) Graduate Nutrition Officer
2.) Cash Program Manager
3.) Payment Assistant
4.) Nutrition Deputy Program Manager
Graduate Nutrition Officer job vacancy at Action Against Hunger | ACF International
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
Locations: Borno, Jigawa, Yobe
- To strengthen the capacity of the Local Government Area (LGA) nutrition focal person or team (as designated by the LGA) in planning, management, delivery, follow-up and advocacy of cost-effective malnutrition prevention and treatment interventions (interventions include – Infant & Young Child Feeding, Community Management of Acute Malnutrition , Maternal & Child Health Weeks).
- Support the assigned LGA in nutrition related program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation(IYCF, CMAM, MNCHWs and/or other as needed).
- Regularly assess and build capacity of the LGA level personnel in designated health facilities.
- Coordination with and support to LGA health office.
- Strengthen technical and advocacy capacity at LGA level.
- Management of community mobilization assistants and/or LGA level consultants.
- Responsible for LGA level results and overall regular reporting, data analysis, communication and management aspects of the project (finance, logistics).
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Nutrition or Bachelor of Nutrition; graduate degree in a similar field a plus
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Health / Public Health / Nutrition / diploma or equivalent
- Experience of emergency nutrition work and the design and implementation of feeding programmes (ideally IYCF, CTC/CMAM), including IYCF monitoring and evaluation
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff
- Proven experience and ability in report writing
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathize with all beneficiaries and their carers
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
- Commitment to and understanding of ACF’s aims, values and principles
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexibility, adaptability, and patience
- Facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the setup of a IYCF program within CMAM program in an emergency context
- Experience with working with partners, including the government
- Previous experience working with mothers support group and strong negotiation skill for behavior change
- Fluency in local languages (Kanuri, Fulani)
- Training in adult education/learning and effective training approaches
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application by email to: [email protected]
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line. For example, “NUTRITION OFFICER-JIGAWA”.
- Applications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.