United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- National Project Coordinator – Sustainable Fuelwood Management In Nigeria
- National Project Coordinator – De-risking Renewable Energy NAMA For The Nigerian Power Sector
National Project Coordinator – Sustainable Fuelwood Management In Nigeria job vacancy at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Job Title: National Project Coordinator – Sustainable Fuelwood Management in Nigeria
Location: Abia, Nigeria
Duration: One Year
- Working under the direct supervision of the UNDP CO Sustainable Development Unit, and in close cooperation with the Programme Officer, the National Project Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day management and implementation of the GEF/UNDP project, including all project administrative matters.
- The management and coordination process will be pursued through undertaking appropriate actions in programme formulation, implementation and evaluation, Strong emphasis will be made on ensuring cohesion with other UNDP programmes.
- Manage the project implementation in accordance with objectives, schedule and planned budget;
- Manage all project activity, staff, consultants and for timely implementation of requirements on monitoring and evaluation;
- Coordinate awareness creation on all project activities;
- Coordinate the project activities with relevant activity and initiative of the Government;
- Ensure cooperation between the participating Institutions of the project;
- Ensure timely preparation of annual project reports, working plans and other relevant project documents.
Min Required Experience:
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 5 years work experience in Project Management related to the energy sector. Previous work in national or international Project Management is an advantage
- University education in Sciences, Energy, Engineering, Social Sciences or relevant field. A post graduate Degree (M.Sc, MPhil, PhD etc.) is an advantage
- Demonstrated experience working with government structures at local levels, NGOs and Private sector;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working on climate change and/or related issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to take decisions and work without supervision
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Previous work experience with international organization is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date:
9th May, 2016.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s and Applications to:
Energy Commission of Nigeria (ECN),
Central Business District,
Send to email via the apply button
- Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position or PREVIOUS to access the previous vacant position.