International Seafarers’ Welfare and Assistance Network seek to employ suitable candidate for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Social Worker, Nigerian National
Job ID: #1505701
Job Location: Nigeria
Educational Qualification: A qualified social worker, i.e. a member of one of the professional bodies endorsing social work within Nigeria, holder of a recognised qualification in social work.
Years of Experience: Not specified
Other Requirements: Person Specification
- Demonstrated capability at report writing, and clear evidence of research capability – baseline studies, and / or monitoring and evaluation, and/ or needs assessment.
- Ability to conduct interviews, make assessments of cases, and indicate areas for further professional help or welfare assistance, if needed.
- Ability to provide some benefits for traumatised seafarers and their families through counselling and information.
- Ability to work constructively and cooperatively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including port welfare committees.
- Willingness to learn about, and interest in, the maritime sector.
- Willing and able to travel within Nigeria to any Nigerian port, principally to Lagos, Port Harcourt, Onne and Warri. Also able to travel to meet Nigerian seafarers and their families in Nigeria, and foreign seafarers in Nigerian ports / prisons. Willing to visit seafarers in prison.
- A good level of written and spoken English, and at least one of the languages spoken in southern Nigeria.
- Able to work in Nigeria.
- Ability to work on own initiative, reporting to a designated member of the National Seafarers Welfare Board of Nigeria and copying reports to ISWAN in London.
- Experience of leading and arranging training courses.
- Experience dealing with cases of mental and physical trauma.
- Experience in the maritime, fisheries or justice / prison sector.
Apply Before: 17th May, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV’s with a brief covering letter / email explaining their suitability for this post, salary expectations, contact details of two referees (who will not be contacted without prior notification) and what date they would be available to start this work, by email, to: firstname.lastname@example.org