Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria (PPFN) seek to employ qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Youth Focal Officer (YFO 2016)
Job Location: Abuja
Educational Qualification: Degree in Social Sciences or other related disciplines.
Years of Experience: Two years relevant work experience including one year in NGO (preferably in Reproductive Health (RH).
- Familiarity with key national and international implementing support and donor organizations in RH.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Prior training in adolescent and youth development and participation, sexual reproductive health and rights, and gender and their application in development settings will be an advantage.
- Excellent contextual, analytical, writing and oral communication skills.
- Good team playing qualities/experience.
Job Specification(s): OVERALL PURPOSE:
The purpose of this position is to support the efforts of the NPTS Department and those in the region to increase access to youth-friendly sexual and reproductive health information and services including age-appropriate comprehensive sexuality and gender-equality education through adolescent-focused projects.
MAIN DUTIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- responsible for the implementation of adolescent and youth-related project in the Annual programme & budget (APB);
- ensure the timely submission of adolescent and youth components of various reports – quarterly, half-yearly and annual;
- ensure full participation of adolescents and young people in the development and implementation of programmes that affect them;
- maintain and update PPFN’s youth profile and support PPFN’s youth SRH/FP activities in the region through appropriate technical assistance;
- establish and maintain good working relationship with partner agencies involved in and supporting adolescent and youth programmes;
- identify, document and disseminate lessons learned and best practices related to adolescent and youth project activities;
- undertake regular field visits to monitor the quality and timely implementation of adolescent and youth project activities, as well as arrange periodic project review meetings with regions and partners;
- coordinate efforts with other departments at the NHQ and the regions to enhance the achievement of PPFN’s initiatives and objectives on adolescent and youth programme;
- advise on youth-related policy and implementation issues;
- provide technical support, guidance and oversight to the youth SRH/FP information and services in the region;
- lead and contribute to the youth information service inputs into the AP/B and other partner funded project work plans and review processes at the regional level;
- participate in periodic programme review meetings;
- closely monitor adolescent and youth project expenditure through review of budget, financial management and reports;
- perform other functions as may be assigned by the ED/NPTS.
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply
Suitably qualified persons are invited to send in their one page letter of application indicating the position applied and justification for their applications, comprehensive career resume (not more than 2pages), personal contact address (not post office box address) not later than one week of this publication to:
The Director General
Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria
4 Baltic Crescent, Off Danube Street,
All responses to this advertisement should be emailed to [email protected]. Applicants are advised to access and complete “Applicant’s Forms 1 and 2” from PPFN’s website (www.ppfn.org) and submit along with their applications.
“PPFN does not discriminate on grounds of race, creed, ethnic origin, political belief, gender, disability, age, education or social status especially in applications for membership, providing information or services, in recruiting staff, or in any other aspect of PPFN’s work and in the pursuit of its objects”. Female candidates are strongly advised to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.