Cece Yara Foundation through Bradfield Consulting is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Social Worker – Part Time
Job Location: Lagos
Educational Qualification: BSc/HND
Years of Experience: Not Specified
- The main responsibility of the Volunteer Social Worker is to focus on the social, physical, psychological and emotional well-being of clients especially child victims of abuse referred to the organization for services.
- The volunteer social worker is expected to have an extensive educational background in social work, license or professional certification, and experience working with families in crisis.
- Identify and document child abuse and neglect cases
- Develop care and case plans that meet the needs of child victims of abuse and ensure safety and stability for clients and families
- Find appropriate referral support services to enhance child welfare for all child abuse cases.
- Identify immediate threats made to a child and provide arrangements that comply with state and federal laws and agency procedures.
- Provide counseling and support services to child victims of abuse and their parents
- Counsel individuals, groups, families, or communities regarding child abuse and child protection needs
- Consult with parents, teachers, and other school personnel to determine causes of problems such as truancy and misbehavior, and to implement solutions.
- Address legal issues, such as child abuse and discipline, assisting with hearings and providing testimony to inform custody arrangements.
- Develop and review service plans in consultation with clients, and perform follow-up assessing the quantity and quality of services provided.
- Collect supplementary information needed to assist clients, such as employment records, medical records, or school reports.
- Work with the data analyst to conduct social research.
- Evaluate whether a child should be temporarily or permanently removed from his living situation/location where abuse has occurred
- Serve as liaison between students, homes, schools, family services, child guidance clinics, courts, protective services, doctors, and other contacts, to help child victims of abuse.
- Counsel parents with child rearing problems, interviewing the child and family to determine whether further action is required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing including phone skills to obtain accurate data from reports, and writing skills to clearly and concisely record the information.
- Bilingual skills in English and Yoruba or other Nigerian major languages.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent judgment and work in a team environment.
- Experience in community social services and/or healthcare
- Excellent documentation skills
- Knowledge of the characteristics and social aspects of mental and emotional disturbances and developmental disability.
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply