Pfizer Nigeria is recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
1.) Manager, Regulatory Strategist
2.) Senior Manager, Regulatory Strategist
3.) Admin Coordinator
4.) Process Safety Senior Manager
5.) Regional QO Leader, Aseptic Asia
Manager, Regulatory Strategist job vacancy at Pfizer Nigeria
Job Title: Manager, Regulatory Strategist
Job ID: 1030874
The purpose of this role is to:
- Create and deliver strategic regulatory guidance for assigned projects/products, with an appropriate level of supervision. Strategies should be in alignment with global/regional positions, commercial goals, and key stakeholders/partner lines.
- Develop and implement Regulatory Strategies for assigned projects/products including assurance that project prioritization, strategies, labeling, submissions, approvals, post-marketing lifecycle management activities, etc., are in place and delivered in accordance with time, cost and quality expectations for all assigned projects.
- Manage regulatory aspects of projects/products, including the preparation and submission of correspondence and applications to regulatory agencies.
- Direct and/or indirect liaison with Health Authorities (in conjunction with PCOs) to facilitate the prompt review and approval of applications, supplements/variations, and commitment closures.
- Lead and/or participate in global, regional and/or in-country Regulatory Teams for assigned projects/products.
- Develop and implement regulatory strategies to support/maintain registrations. Maintain product licenses across all product platforms.
- Understand regulatory environment and communicate priorities to global/regional stakeholders
- Deliver project/product regulatory strategy, risk assessment, and PRS for assigned projects/products
The major duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Contributing to Global/Regional regulatory strategies and implementation plans (including core labels, risk registers) developed for assigned projects/products. May also develop strategy and implementation plans with appropriate level of supervision. Generally assigned to projects of relatively small to moderate scope or complexity.
- Ensuring regulatory contributions achieve clear-cut objectives in the strategy, meet agreed standards, and minimize resource demands while optimizing overall project delivery time and probability of success and facilitating post-filing activities. Elevates issues where appropriate.
- Partnering with project teams and other customer groups (e.g., Country Regulatory Managers, Brand Teams, PGS, etc.) to ensure required regulatory contributions (line plans, IND, NDA, MAA, etc.) meet business needs and are provided to the project teams, in accordance with agreed time, cost and quality standards.
- Developing and maintaining constructive working relationships with Health Authority contacts.
- Delivering the project/product regulatory goals and aligning the regulatory strategy with global/regional business needs.
- Ensuring regulatory plans are monitored, progress/variance is communicated to Senior Management and any risks (from emerging technical data, changing internal objectives or external threats) is mitigated
- Developing fit-for-purpose submission packages in collaboration with partner lines
- Ensuring an aligned regulatory position is reached and communicated for all key issues for assigned projects/products, and that these regulatory positions supporting the business are championed and communicated.
- Working closely with other Regulatory Strategists and CMC Team within and across clusters/TAs and sites to ensure consistent and appropriate processes, systems, working practices, shared learnings and quality standards.
- Implementing systems, processes and procedures relating to regulatory strategy productivity improvements, ensuring that these facilitate the sharing of information across the relevant lines.
- Engaging in appropriate activities in order to influence the regulatory environment through Health Authority contacts, Pfizer Country Office partners and trade associations as appropriate.
- Ensuring business compliance and implementation of and adherence to regulatory standards.
- B.S. Scientific Degree required. An advanced Scientific Degree (Ph.D., Pharm.D., M.D., M.Sc.) and/or a business qualification (DMS, MBA) may be an advantage but is not essential.
- Min 5 yrs of experience in managing global and/or regional regulatory process and registration aspects of the drug development process and post-marketing lifecycle management in the Pharmaceutical Industry, preferably in Regulatory Affairs/Health Authority and/or experience negotiating with Health Authorities and in representing interests to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in managing regulatory issues and/or business processes is preferred
- Ability to deliver to time, cost, and quality standards
- Ability to partner successfully with Regulatory, Commercial, Safety, Medical and other partner lines to achieve objectives
- Experience in successfully communicating with major Health Authority(ies), including participating in such interactions, is preferred.
- Knowledge of assigned therapeutic areas/disease areas is preferred
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and ability to integrate strategies into actionable plans.
- Ability to deliver in a highly matrixed organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Application Closing Date
10th May, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, enter the Job Opening ID (1030874) in the Job ID Box, and click “Search”
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.