Teclab Management Services Limited – Our client, in different sector, seeks qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions below:
1.) Chief Engineer / Technical Team Head
3.) Financial Controller
5.) Operations Manager
6.) News Editor
7.) Female Sales and Marketing Executive
8.) Non Linear Editor
Chief Engineer / Technical Team Head job vacancy Teclab Management Services Limited
Job Title: Chief Engineer / Technical Team Head
Location: Abuja, Lagos
Reports To: MD
- The chief engineer is responsible for the technology necessary to put the station’s broadcast “on-the-air” within the station’s licensed range.
- The engineer works to maintain existing broadcasting capabilities and provide quick solutions to problems that may arise with the transmitter, tower, satellite receiver and other related equipment.
The successful candidate’s specific functions include:
- Serve as department head for engineering department.
- Responsible 100% for reliability of on-air product; on call 24/7 to manage emergency issues.
- Plan, develop and monitor all aspects of radio technical facilities, including telephone, satellite, STL, two-way systems and vehicles, computers and networks
- Contributor in engineering maintenance of studios, mass storage, STL’s and transmitters.
- Prepare all engineering budgets, capital projects purchase orders; reconcile invoices and approve for payment.
- Oversee engineering related procurements.
- Serve as studio / transmitter facilities manager
- Supervise others in FCC rule compliance including maintenance of the public file.
- Oversee compliance with all CBS engineering and Corporate IT procedures and policies.
- Manage oversight of company assets.
- Select, install and maintain high-power transmitters and all associated equipment; modify and document all broadcast circuitry.
- Purchase studio equipment; maintain mixing consoles and all associated in-studio equipment.
- Handle telco problems and service calls; order services on broadcast and office systems. Work with technicians to troubleshoot circuits; cross connect in-house circuits. Keep record of telephone circuits; maintain ISDN and broadcast loops.
- Serve as chief operator responsible for reviewing logs weekly for correct and complete entries EAS tests and tower lighting requirements.
- Generator testing, fueling and supervision of maintenance. UPS testing and supervision of maintenance.
- Manage Engineering Department staff.
- Create instructional materials and train others on proper operation of new technical equipment.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum BSc in related field.
- 5years experience in broadcast engineering including experience with directional antenna arrays and analog and HD broadcast transmission systems.
- Must understand FCC regulations and keep station(s) technically compliant.
- Vast knowledge of digital and analog studio equipment required; SBE Certification, BSEE, FCC General Class Radio Telephone License or AS in electronics discipline required.
- Valid state driver’s license for operation of company vehicles is required.
- Personal vehicle is required for 24hr. response for emergencies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Management experience and/or training desirable:
- Excellent customer service skills are required;
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
Application Closing Date
10th May, 2016
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letter and CV’s to: HR@teclab-ng.com All applications should have very specific SUBJECTS: E.g. Chief Engineer-Abuja
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.