IOM, Lagos is recruiting qualified candidate to fill the following position:
Job Title: National Migration Health Physician
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Educational Qualification: BSc
Years of Experience: Not Specified
Assist to coordinate and manage all the migration health activities in IOM Lagos. This
- includes but not limited to logistic preparation for medical screening, handling and
safekeeping of individual medical files, collection of bio-data and medical history, physical
examination, ensuring identity checks of the applicants and confidentiality of information
throughout the screening process.
- Supervise clinical and non-clinical staff to ensure all migration health activities are performed
in an effective and efficient manner
- Perform migration health assessment of migrants (refugees and non-refugee immigrants)
according to the country- specific immigration medical technical instructions and guidelines.
- Review chest x-ray films, radiologist’s reports and laboratory reports and ensure medical
forms are completed as per the technical guidelines.
- Inform applicants about clinically significant chest x-ray findings not compatible with tuberculosis and suggest follow up.
- Counsel and refer family contacts of applicants with infectious tuberculosis for further investigation.
- Assist to review and sign certificates for eligible applicants.Assist with applicant registration and data entry into the appropriate IOM Global Software, if so required.
- Assist with the quality control/quality assurance by liaising with the service providers (radiology unit, microbiology laboratory) on a regular basis, correct minor digressions from the regular procedure, inform Chief Migration Health Physician about current or potential problems jeopardizing integrity of the program and suggest improvements and ways to optimize procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning: communicates clearly
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility
- Displays a mastery of subject matter
- Contributes to a collegial team environment
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Effectively applies knowledge of relevant medical discipline
- Follows internal control procedures to prevent fraud and mismanagement
- Ensures application of institutional policies and guidelines
- High level of computer literacy in key applications, especially MS Office.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to email address firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 02 May, 2016.
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to The Chief of Mission, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2016_03(O)-NAT National Migration Health Physician-Lagos.
All applications should include a functional e-mail address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV). Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.