Pact Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Institutional Strengthening Officer
Job Location: Gombe
Educational Qualification: BA in Public Health, Development, Public Administration or another related field.
Years of Experience: Minimum of 4 years of experience in capacity development of CSO’s and/or government.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in developing and managing a budget; experience in developing strategic plans, work plans, fundraising plans; knowledge of sound financial, human resources, and administrative policy and procedures.
- Experience in facilitation and training
Job Specification(s): Administration/ Office/ Operations • Medical/ Health • NGO / Community Services
Apply Before: 28 April, 2016
How to Apply: Applicants should submit their Resume/CVs and Cover letter on their suitability to email@example.com All CV’s/Resume/Applications must be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the subject of the mail.
The Institutional Strengthening Officer is responsible for ensuring the day to day implementation of capacity development interventions taking place under the design of the program and within the proposed timeframe.
The Officer will work collaboratively to ensure that capacity development is holistic, meeting the individual needs, as assessed of LGAs.
The institutional Strengthening Officer will assess the needs of identified partners, including government and non governmental partners, and implement capacity development interventions accordingly.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the coordination of the activities of the technical team; institutional strengthening and health system strengthening to ensure integration of both and with MG objective.
- Documentation: lead the collation of monthly report, specific activity reports and track document progress of technical team’s activities.
- Participate in Program planning and implementation, contributing to work plans.
- Facilitate organizational capacity assessments and develop institutional strengthening plans.
- Support the Organization and facilitation of trainings, workshops and networking events by IS and HSS teams.
- Actively solicit, caption and electronically file project photographs
- Match project implementation with the work plan every week and flag areas of action.
- Working with the Institutional Strengthening Advisor lead in the compiling and editing quarterly, semiannual and annual reports for timely review by the Directors and submission to Pact.
Organisation Description: Pact Nigeria, located in Abuja, is the Nigerian Country office of Pact, which is an independent International non-profit Organization headquartered in Washington, DC, USA. Pact’s vision is a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership over their future.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Pact Nigeria encourages applications from all qualified candidates, in particular women.