Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) is recruiting qualified candidates for the following vacant positions:
1.) Communication Officer
2.) Research Writers Consultant
3.) Household Economic Strengthening Consultant
Communication Officer job vacancy at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
Job Title: Communication Officer
Location: Lokogoma, FCT Abuja
Duration: 3 years (renewable yearly)
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of a university degree or equivalent in English, Linguistics, Library Science, social sciences, mass communication or journalist or related fields
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in communications, information science and knowledge management
- Extremely strong computer skills, with knowledge of relevant publishing software such as but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Ms. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Desktop Publishing (Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, PDF, illustrator, InDesign – CorelDraw, Serif Page Plus), Media Production (including audio and video documentary – Adobe Media Suite), Social Media Campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn), Website Design and Content Management (Joomla, WordPress, Adobe Dreamweaver, Firefox), Professional Photography with ability to use graphics
- Extremely strong writing and oral in English language with particular skill strong scientific and research writing skills
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant field related to publishing and editorial work
- Organize external senior management meetings, coordinate and manage protocol for high delegation meetings and manage press for public interviews for WEWE LOPIN management
- Experience in administration such as record keeping, filing, copies documents and confirms appointments
- Coordinate staff meeting, prepare agendas and takes minutes of meetings as required.
Highly skilled and experienced in:
- Editing technical and scientific documents and articles (proofreading, copy and line editing and substantive editing);
- Desktop design and layout of technical documents in compliance with donor branding and marking requirements,
- Outreach and events coordination with experience in developing press release, media coverage, press fact sheets, developing scene setters, liaise with US Embassy public affairs units and manage print, radio and TV media relation journalists and website information management
- Identifying and effectively communicating project success through messages using by developing success stories, case studies, short documentaries, website, consortium websites, social media sites, dailies, community and state radios, television, various development sites, and appropriate conferences.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job; to: firstname.lastname@example.org WEWE’s recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Kindly indicate the title of the position applied for and the location in the subject line of the email.
- All applicants are advised to include functional emails/mobile phone number as well as full contact information for at least three referees on CV.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position