International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is seeking qualified candidates to fill up the following positions:
1.) Executive Assistant to the DDG-P4D
3.) Gender Research Postdoctoral Research Fellow for the NEXTGEN Cassava Project
4.) Mobile Technology Officer
5.) Junior Technical Analyst
6.) CKAN Repository Officer/Programmer
7.) Project Data Officer
8.) Research Supervisor
Executive Assistant to the DDG-P4D job vacancy at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the DDG-P4D
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Reporting directly to the Deputy Director General, Partnerships for Delivery (DDG-P4D), this position provides executive professional and administrative support to the DDG in the day-to-day administration of the Directorate.
- The incumbent serves as a primary point of contact for the DDG-P4D on all matters pertaining to the Directorate, maintaining high confidentiality as may be required and exercising discretion and a good sense of judgment.
- The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities.
- The successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely and effectively with the DDG, and be proactive in bringing up matters that should receive his attention with proposals on solutions regarding any operational issues
- Perform a broad variety of administrative tasks for the DDG in all aspects including managing his meetings, commitments, appointments/schedules, travels, and other routine and non-routine activities of the Directorate and following up appropriately
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information and calls, handling correspondence professionally, raising draft statements and responses on behalf of the DDG and/or recommending appropriate course of action
- Support the DDG in preparation for the meetings of the Board of Trustees, assisting with the design and development of relevant presentations by the DDG
- Provide administrative support for the DDG’s participation at meetings of the Management Team and other institutional meetings and conferences
- Liaise appropriately with Units/Projects within the Directorate and in the Institute on pertinent issues and submit appropriate reports to the DDG
- Build and manage good working relationships that are crucial for the success of the work of the Directorate, maintaining discretion and confidentiality
- Develop, maintain and update relevant databases for the effective running of the Directorate, facilitating easy retrieval of information
- Keep record of P4D corporate documentation including documentation relating to correspondence, reports and procedures
- Research, analyse and prepare reports (including technical reports) for consideration of the DDG
- Support teams in the management of special projects and cross-divisional coordination work plans
- Prepare the annual budget and financial reports, track expenditure and ensure effective management of the Directorate budget
- Monitor progress of projects allocated to staff by the DDG; prioritize and ensure that reports and correspondence are dealt with efficiently and effectively
- Manage procurement of materials and equipment required for the effective running of the office
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Qualification and Competencies
- B.Sc. or HND in Administration, Management, Business Administration or related discipline, plus a related Master’s degree with 10 years cognate experience in partnership development, communications, particularly in an international multilingual and multicultural environment supporting executives.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving
- Cultural intelligence
- Personal effectiveness
- Political awareness
- Project management
- Good sense of judgment and discretion
- Team-player, collaboration/relationship management skills
- Results oriented
- Experienced and proficient in using Word, PowerPoint and Excel
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application, attaching detailed Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position