Residency Programme Job Vacancy at UCH Ibadan.
Residency Training Programme in the following Departments:
- Chemical Pathology,
- Clinical Pharmacology,
- Family Medicine,
- Medical Microbiology,
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology,
- Neurological Surgery,
- Nuclear Medicine,
- Orthopaedics & Trauma,
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry,
- Plastic, Reconstructive & Anaesthetic Surgery,
- Radiation Oncology, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery,
- Child Oral Health (Paediatric Dentistry/Orthodontics),
- Oral Pathology (Oral Pathology/Oral Medicine),
- Periodontology & Community Dentistry,
- Restorative Dentistry (Conservative Dentistry/Prosthetic Dentistry),
- Family Dentistry,
- Community Medicine,
Prospective candidates are expected to:
- Be qualified Medical Practitioners
- Be fully registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN)
- Have passed the primary examination of any of the Postgraduate Colleges
- Have satisfactorily completed the NYSC programme or be duly exempted from it.
- Candidates applying for training in the Department of Laboratory Medicine would be required to rotate through the Departments of Pathology, Haematology, Medical Microbiology and Chemical Pathology and such candidates could only decide on an area of specialization at the end of at least the first year of rotation subject to satisfactory appraisal by the Head of the respective Departments.
- Successful candidates will be expected to commence residency training in accordance with the laid down rules.
- Establishment of private clinics and engagement in private medical practice constitute a violation of the terms of training and any resident found guilty of these will be asked to withdraw from the Training Programme.
- Applicants should be ready for full-time Residency Training Programme leading to Fellowship of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or the Fellowship of West African College of Surgeons/Physicians.
- Applicants must have five credit passes (Including English Language and Mathematics) in WASCE/GCE/NECO at not more than TWO sittings from the same examination body.
Condition of Service
These are similar to those obtained in the Federal Public Service.
CONMESS 02 – N1,562,586.00 – N1,945,894.00 pa
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2016.
Method of Application
interested and qualified candidates should obtain an Application Form from the Office of the Chief Medical Director, University College Hospital, Ibadan. Applicants are expected to submit three (3) reference letters along with the completed Application Forms to the Office of the Chief Medical Director before the closing date above. Referees’ reports brought on the date of the interview will be discountenanced.
Completed Application Forms, three referee & reports, photocopies of relevant certificates (including Birth/Sworn Affidavit and Local Government Identification Certificates), credentials and Curriculum Vitae (CV) scanned on a rewritable CD must also be submitted to:
The Chief Medical Director,
University College Hospital,
- This advert supersedes our earlier advert of Tuesday 29th March, 2016.
- Also, all those who have responded to our earlier advert need not to respond to this again.
***NOTE***: PREVIOUS to access the previous vacant position.