Yobe State University, Damaturu, Center for Research and Capacity Development in Humanitarian Studies (CRCDHS) is seeking outstanding candidates to fill the positions of Resource persons.
- To enhance thematic and technical knowledge and competencies of CRCDHS and its partner organizations in the areas of emergency response, recovery and rehabilitation.
Areas of Intervention
- · Facilitate training workshops as resource persons
- · Write research papers, training materials and model policies as knowledge products for dissemination to CRCDHS’s partners and wider audiences
- · Moderate seminars and roundtable discussions on topical and technical issues
Resource persons currently practicing in the humanitarian sector as well as academia will be expected to provide the initial wave of technical expertise available to kick-start this programme. In general from, Resource Persons will be expected to :
I. Participate in periodic or on-demand review of CRCDHS’s capacity assessment tools on thematic knowledge and competencies.
II. Undertake capacity assessments for partners on varied technical knowledge and competencies
III. As Resource Persons, facilitate capacity building interventions (training workshops, seminars and roundtable discussions) under guidance of the Capacity Building Specialist based at the CRCDHS
IV. Write researched papers, training materials and model policies on thematic issues (some of which may be the subject of capacity building interventions).
V. Participate in reviews of capacity building interventions
VI. Draft training materials and model policies on the technical learning areas
VII. The Assignment will at times entail travel across Yobe State, North Eastern and the rest of Nigeria as well as within the Lake Chad region.
Resource person will be expected to carry out the following:
- Mobilization and Planning. This will include: (i) getting consensus on the objectives of the assignment between the Resource Person and the CRCDHS (ii) planning for the teaching and learning delivery activity on the process and deliverables; (iii) agreement on the final work plan and timeframe. Some of these tasks will be undertaken at short notice and with abrupt deadlines.
- Document Review. Undertake in-depth review of literature pertinent to tasks at hand (e.g. literature from humanitarian sector-specific, integrated knowledge development, academic and non-academic sources etc.)
- Consultations. Participate in planning meetings for capacity assessments, interventions and evaluations.
- Report Writing. Drafting quality papers, model policies and training materials pertinent to assigned tasks.
– The Resource Person shall deliver capacity intervention reports (for capacity building activities assigned to them).
– Submission of concept papers, research papers, model policies and training materials as may be required
– Successful delivery of capacity interventions using participatory methods; e.g. conducting a participatory training workshop, seminar or roundtable and providing training materials as well.
– Submission of quality reports documenting the interventions.
Timeline Initial Training of Trainers’ delivery is expected before April 15, 2016
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The Resource Persons selected will have the following expertise:
· Minimum – Masters University Degree in Humanitarian Studies, Emergency Response, Arts, Law, Human Rights or associated and relevant knowledge areas.
· S/he should have at least five years’ experience of institutional capacity development interventions targeting humanitarian, recovery and rehabilitation organizations in conflict or recovery in Africa.
· Good knowledge of traditional structures, community based civil society organizations and community based organizations in Africa.
· At least three years’ practitioner technical design and implementation in respective area of expertise as be learning areas (b) above.
· Excellent facilitation and training skills
· Excellent track record in academic writing and publications
· Experience in undertaking similar assignments in Africa
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications with the subject clearly marked as follows: The Director,
Please submit a CVs (3 pages Maximum per CV) containing a comprehensive profile of similar or comparable facilitation or resource person activity and referees to:Ali Haruna, Director, CRCDHS:
PROVISION OF MONITORING AND PROGRESS CONTROLS
- The Resource Person shall be reporting to the Director of the CRCDHS.
RESOURCE PERSON’S AVAILABILITY
Resource persons will work independently within locations of their choice or employment. However, the CRCDHS offers a Secretariat equipped with office and learning facilities for which the resource persons may wish or request to utilize by sending an email request to the Director, CRCDHS.
For each Resource Person expressing interest, he/she will indicate the level of availability as per below.
PARTIAL INTERMITTENT FULL TIME
Period of Notice: When submitting statement of interest, please state the period of notice you would need to mobilize for a training.
Seven Days’ Notice
Two Weeks’ Notice
At least one Month