United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is seeking outstanding candidates to fill the 4 vacant positions below.
1.) Administrative Assistant (Security)
2.) Immunization Specialist
3.) Operations Research Specialist (WASH)
4.) Health Officer
Administrative Assistant (Security) Job Vacancy at UNICEF.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Security), GS-6
Job Number: 494348
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the briefing of international and national staff members, consultants and visitors on general security and administrative matters relating to travel, missions, local movements, residential accommodation in line with security policies pertaining to Minimum Operating Security Standard (MOSS) and Residential Security Measures (RSM). In consultation with the Staff Security Officer, advises and guides all personnel on security clearance procedures and pertinent issues. Assists in conducting periodic checks on UNICEF staff residences for RSM compliance and provides administrative support, as required.
- Assists the Staff Security Officer in disseminating accurate security information to staff members, consultants and official visitors, including the use of bulk sms, radios and emails. Maintains relevant liaison and contact with the Country UN Security team on security-related matters including security clearance and radio checks. Additionally maintain liaison with other security agencies including with the Nigerian Military, Police, Road Safety Commission, National Security Service and others as may be required.
- Collects information pertaining to staff movements in Nigeria and assists to monitor security situation in order to provide emergency support to them as required. Collects updated information and collates reports on warden list, call signs and essential staff list and ensures distribution to the relevant recipients.
- Monitors operations of the HF and VHF communication networks to ensure effectiveness and prompt linkage between country office and field offices as well as vehicles on mission. Assists the Staff Security Officer in conducting training for users on HF and VHF radio.
- Maintain office files and records relating to security issues and incidents for information and references. Identifies and selects information and records in specified format for use by the Staff Security Specialist in preparing reports, correspondence and technical papers.
- Advises and assists all staff in the area of personal and office security management as required. Arranges for and/or attends meetings on day-to-day security and administrative matters; participates in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices; interprets and assesses the impact of changes; and makes recommendations for follow-up actions.
- Prepares, on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general security and administrative issues which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Provides relevant information to help interpretation of rules, regulations and procedures on routine security issues to staff.
- Work is mainly office-based with frequent travels within the country which sometimes involve volatile and insecure conditions.
- Post is technical and operates with and requires interpretation and application of existing rules and regulations and guidelines. Incumbent at times is required to assess situations and exercises considerable judgment where there are no guidelines on issues requiring urgent attention.
- Normally, incumbent makes recommendations to supervisor when deviations from guidelines or changes in procedures are necessary.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Completion of Secondary Education, First degree or its equivalent in Security Management, International Relations, Business Administration, or Social Sciences.
- Additional training and certification in security management (especially in the military, police or SSS) is desirable.
- An officer in the above services is an advantage.
- Six years of security and administrative work experience of which a minimum of four years are in carrying out security responsibilities.
- Experience with any of the combat arms of the Nigeria Armed Forces or Police is desirable.
- Knowledge of English language is required.
- Knowledge of a local language of the duty station is desirable an asset. Knowledge of another UN working language, especially French, is an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Core Values:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Communication – Level I
- Working with People – Level II
- Drive for Results – Level I
- Analyzing – Level 2
- Planning and Organizing – Level 2
- Applying Technical Expertise – Level 2
- Following instructions and Procedures – Level I
Application Closing Date
1st April, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.