Islamic Development Bank (IsDB)is seeking for suitably qualified candidates to fill up the vacant positions below.
Job Title: Agricultural Economist
- A high caliber and results-oriented professional whose primary responsibilities would be to contribute to the IsDB’s policy and operational activities in agriculture and rural development.
- Among others, this will be achieved through deep sectoral diagnostics; identification and development of sector priorities; conceptualization and implementation of agricultural projects and programs; networking and partnering with others (including non-state actors) and provision of knowledge products and advisory services.
Required Education & Experience
- Preferably Masters Degree in Agricultural Economics / PhD in Economics with a bias in Agriculture or Rural Development. BSc holders with long practical experience may also be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years’ cognate experience in Agricultural and Rural Development.
- Advanced knowledge of agricultural and rural development and its multidisciplinary nature.
- Hands on experience in developing complex agricultural / rural development projects and programs.
- Ability to conduct analytical or diagnostic work on economic development issues within the IDB priority areas.
- Deep knowledge and insights of agriculture sector issues.
- Good mastery of standard computer applications.
- Strong ability to undertake financial, economic and cast effective analyses to projects and programs.
- Excellent presentation, analytical, negotiation and leadership skills.
Application Closing Date
1st April, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: email@example.com with the subject “Agricultural Economist”
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
NEXT: Click Here to navigate to the 2nd Position.