UNICEF Internship Programme – Call for Application – 2016.
The world leading children’s rights organization [UNICEF] is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals who are committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, to apply for its 2016 Internship Programme.
Purpose of the UNICEF Internship Programme
The UNICEF Internship Programme offers qualified and eligible students at both Headquarters (HQ) and Country Offices (CO) the unique opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in UNICEF’s work and the United Nations system under the direct supervision of experienced UNICEF staff.
Internships are offered depending on the availability of meaningful assignments and the needs and capacity of units/offices to receive and supervise interns.
Areas of work
UNICEF is active in various functional areas related to its mandate, which can be categorized in three main pillars: Programme, External Relations and Operations.
UNICEF Internships are offered in its functional areas, which are the following:
Programme and Policy
- Adolescent Development
- Communication for Development (C4D)
- Child Protection
- Early Childhood Development
- Expanded Programme Immunization
- HIV / AIDS
- Human Rights
- Knowledge Management
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Programme Management
- Policy Analysis & Planning
- Social and Economic Policy
- Statistics and Monitoring
- Finance and Administration
- Human Resource
- Internal Audit Managemen
- Information Communication Technology
- Operations and Business Managemen
- Supply / Logistics
- Alliances and Resource Mobilization
- Communication / External Relations
- Private Fundraising and Partnerships
- UN and Multilateral Affairs
- Must enrolled in a graduate (Master’s) degree or undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degree and will have completed at least two years of full-time studies towards completion of undergraduate degree.
- Have excellent academic performance and can demonstrate it by recent university or other academic institution records.
- Proficient in at least one of UNICEF’s working languages (English, French or Spanish) and fluent in the working language of the office you are interested to work in.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
Please note: Additional consideration will be given to any past professional experience.
Do you meet all of the above listed requirements? Then you are highly encouraged to apply now to UNICEF’s internship database!
Please keep in mind: Even if you meet these qualifications, there is no guarantee of placement. Qualified candidates will be placed in UNICEF’s Internship database which is accessed by UNICEF managers globally. If you are applying for more than one location, the online application will allow you to choose the New York Headquarters location as well as up to three other field locations outside New York. If an exciting opportunity matching to your profile and interests arise, you will be contacted directly.
Internship dates and duration: To be eligible for an internship with UNICEF, you have to apply to its internship database. When completing your application, you will be asked to indicate the dates you are available to do an internship. Please make sure to always keep the information in your profile up-to-date, as the database is being refreshed every year.
The duration of an internship is normally between six and sixteen weeks. The total duration may be extended up to a maximum of six months, when there are special requirements and / or special needs of the receiving division / office.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply