PAL Pensions (PAL) is seeking an outstanding candidate to fill the position of Bilingual Call Centre Agent.
Job Title: Bilingual Call Centre Agent – NYSC Intern .
Job Location: Lagos.
Educational Qualification: Degree.
Educational Qualification Description:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- Proficient in relevant computer applications:(Microsoft Office Suite)
- Required language proficiency – Ability to speak two Nigerian Languages
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of call center telephony and technology
- Some experience in a call center or customer service environment
- Good data entry and typing skills
- Knowledge of administration and clerical processes
Years of Experience: 0 – 1.
- Log on to Fonality and CRM between 8am-5pm
- Answer phone promptly – 100% of all calls must be picked
- Promptly respond to customer request both telephony and email
- Ensure an AHT of 2.15min per call
- Log all queries received on CRM immediately
- Research required information using available resources
– Display polite phone etiquette while receiving customer’s call
– Provide customers with product and service information
– Identify, troubleshoot and resolve customer issues using the computer system – CRM
– Interpret, verify and accurately enter data in CRM in processing customer’s call
– Follow-up on customer enquiries not immediately resolved
– Learn, understand and maintain knowledge of products and services offered by the company
– Collect accurate and complete information from customers
– Communicate with other units and all members of Customer Service Team
– Attend and participate in company Quality Assurance and Compliance in-service/training programs on an ongoing basis
– Collate report weekly
– Research contribution issues and resolve
– Recognize, document and alert supervisor of trends in customer calls
– Recommend process improvements
Apply Before: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Click Here.
PAL Pensions (PAL) was incorporated on April 14, 2005 to manage and administer retirement savings contributions of employees in Nigeria as a result of the Pension Reform Act of 2004. Pensions Alliance is a joint venture between FSDH Merchant Bank and African Alliance Insurance Company Limited.
Pensions Alliance Limited is one of the top seven PFAs in Nigeria with assets under management of N185 billion as at 31st July 2015. Our customer base cuts across key segments of the pension fund management industry including; Private sector, Public sector – (Federal Civil Service, Federal Government Establishments and State Governments); and defined benefits or legacy schemes.