An Animal Farm in Lagos is seeking for a Business Development Manager.
Job Title: Business Development Manager (with animal nutrition experience in a feedmill or animal farm).
Job Location: Lagos
Educational Qualification: BSc.
Educational Qualification Description:
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture
- Must be self motivated
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Offices
- Exceptional Organizational skills; ability to handle large data
- Accountability for assigned tasks
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work independently
Years of Experience: 1-3years experience in research.
- Evaluating the chemical and nutritional value of feeds, feed supplements, grass and forage for commercial animals and pets;
- Formulating diets and rations to maximize growth, reproduction, health and/or performance;
- Assessing the relative nutritional and economic value of feeding systems;
- Researching the effectiveness of dietary regimes;
- Conducting animal-based studies and laboratory trials;
- Supporting agricultural consultants in their work;
Liaising with producers and clients to understand their targets and objectives, and the specific needs of the market;
- Monitoring feed formulations to meet quality performance and animal health standards;
- Providing advice on nutrition to farmers, other animal owners, veterinarians and government bodies;
- Rationalizing animal feed manufacturing techniques;
- Expanding existing ranges of animal food products and developing new ones;
- Supporting commercial teams in producing and launching new products;
- Carrying out sales and marketing strategies following the launch of a new product;
- Balancing a growing consumer interest in quality with the need to develop competitive agricultural systems;
- Maintaining expertise in nutritional trends and keeping up to date with regulatory changes;
- Using computer software to formulate diets, conduct research and generate reports;
- Investigating nutritional disorders and the safe storage of feeds, often in conjunction with veterinary surgeons.
- Preparing periodic reports to management on sales, formulation, market trends etc
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Apply Before: Not specified.
How to Apply: Send your application to email@example.com using the job title as the subject of your email.