West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) needs a Managing Director who will Lead and direct the organization towards its primary objectives.
Job Title: Managing Director.
Job Location: Rivers State.
Educational Qualification: BSc.
Educational Qualification Description:
- The position requires a Professional Standard of knowledge to lead teams through functional/general expertise and broad management experience.
- Minimum a college degree from an accredited international university. Advanced degree in management, such as an MBA is highly desirable.
- Executive and managerial experience in container terminal operations including experience in an international assignment.
- Extensive and thorough knowledge of marine terminal operations, the shipping and logistics management industry.
- indepth Commercial mindset & skills
- Extensive managerial and leadership knowledge, applying best practices to all sections of the business.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills with a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork.
- Proven track record of achieving high level of terminal productivity and other relevant success criteria.
- Stakeholder Management – strong network of contacts within the shipping industry, the local communities, and the government.
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, and in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion
- Define, develop, and execute visions & strategies for the terminal, including business planning and budgeting.
- Manage the daily business according to the agreed operating principles of the BU and relationships relevant stakeholders , which includes but not limited to:
- Determining and executing investments for new equipment, systems, and expansions in the existing terminal
- Select, negotiate, and enter into binding agreements with suppliers and customers including remaining accountable for execution and maintenance of agreed service levels.
- Determining appropriate staffing levels, managing recruitment, competencies, training, education & career planning, in accordance with legal and company requirements
- Establish business priorities to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure Financial procedures are aligned with National and International standards
- Improve efficiencies in cost, productivity and customer service through proactive pursuance of development in technology & systems as applicable locally as well as in conjunction with other Terminals.
- Drive, develop, and deploy best practices within operations, engineering, maintenance, procurement, security, safety & environmental management, including use of APMT Global tool where available.
- Organize, coach, challenge, & develop staff
- Risk Management:
- Identify significant risks in operations, commercial, finance, strategy & compliance areas
- Assess the identified risks on an ongoing basis & identify trigger events
- Own strategies to deal with & manage the identified risks
- Ensure that the APMT Group risk policy is implemented & followed by all levels within the company
- Reinforce APM Group culture, values and reputation while ensuring compliance with APM Group policies
Apply Before: 13 April 2016.
How to Apply: Click Here.
West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) is located in the Onne Oil and Gas Free Zone; it caters for greater Port Harcourt and eastern Nigeria, including the local substantial Oil industry. The closest gateway to the fast-growing Eastern Nigerian markets. WACT is a fully owned APMM facility which serves a local market estimated to be 350,000 TEUs.
Based in Onne, and reporting to the APM Terminals Head for Nigeria & Benin Portfolio, the Managing Director will work closely with terminal management teams within the portfolio.