Agriculture and Environmental Specialists in the Economic Growth and Environment (EGE) Office of USAID/Nigeria in Abuja.
Job Title: Agriculture and Environmental Specialists .
Job Location: Abuja.
Educational Qualification: Msc.
Educational Qualification Description:
- Master’s degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Environmental Science, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years professional experience in design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of agriculture, environment, and related activities, including two years of experience managing donor-funded assistance programs in the agriculture and /or environment sector is required.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English Language is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Thorough knowledge of agriculture development and environmental resource management is required.
- Familiarity with global climate change, sustainable landscapes, bio-diversity preservation, renewable energy, environmental screening and monitoring, and value chain development is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required. Ability to negotiate effectively on major operational and technical matters at high-level government, donor, and private sector levels is required.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
Work Hours: Full-Time; 48 hours/week.
Salary: Or Ordinarily Resident (Or) – N10,948,692.00 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-11
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
- The incumbent is responsible for developing and managing complex agriculture and environmental activities as well as providing leadership in monitoring and evaluation.
- S/he serves as the Mission Environment Officer (MEO) and will work across the Mission to ensure environmental compliance with Agency regulation for all technical offices.
- The program will provide formal and informal training to Mission staff on environmental screening to mitigate adverse impacts on natural resources. Additionally, s/he will oversee the performance management plan and monitoring and evaluation for the Economic Growth & Environment Office.
- When fully qualified, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Only successful applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be notified.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Apply Before: 21st March, 2016.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to Be assigned officially to post.