World Health Organization (WHO) is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: National Surveillance Officer/State Coordinator
Job Location: Sokoto, Nigeria
- Essential: University degree in public health, medicine or other relevant field
- Desirable: Post Graduate training in public health or epidemiology from recognized academic institution.
Years of Experience:
Essential: At least five years public health experience and two years field experience in planning, training and implementation of SIAs
Desirable: Technical expertise in public health, epidemiology, disease control and immunization
Other Requirements: Skills:
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues at national and international levels;
- Ability to provide leadership, monitor progress and design studies;
- Fully conversant in word-processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, epidemiological (Epiifo) and mapping software.
Competencies: Functional (Describe the competencies specific to the post)
- Producing results;
- Fostering integration and teamwork;
- Ensuring the effective use of resources;
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond;
- Promoting WHO’s position in health leadership
- Essential: Excellent knowledge of English
- Desirable: Knowledge of the other UN languages
Apply Before: 3 June 2016
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
- “In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position.
- WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and these will be reviewed individually”.
- Candidates will be contacted only if they are under serious consideration.
- WHO offers an attractive compensation package including an annual net salary (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), dependency benefits, pension plan, health insurance scheme, and 30 days annual leave.
- Annual salary: (Net of tax) at single rate