United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below;
- Administrative Assistant – Bauchi
- Programme Assistant
- Administrative Assistant – Ondo
- Graphic Artist
- WASH Specialist
Administrative Assistant – Bauchi Job Vacancy at UNICEF
Job Title: Administrative Assistant – GS5
Job Number: 497943
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
Key End-Results Organizational Context
- Administrative, executive assistance and secretarial support services provided to the head of the field office to facilitate smooth running of the Office and effective processing of information and data.
- Professional image projected through in-person and other official interaction. Discretion exercised with confidential information and complex sensitive subject matter.
- Knowledgeable delivery of quality services contributing to achievement of work objectives.
- Well managed and effective office operations, systems and procedures facilitates team work and the work of the office.
- Proper records well maintained in the field office
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
Within the delegated authority and the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be accountable for all or assigned areas of the following major duties and end results.
1.) Administrative, executive assistance and secretarial support services to the head of the field office to facilitate smooth running of the Office and effective processing of information and data:
- Assists to manage the immediate office operations with respect to communications, meetings and work flow; organize matters and sort out complex subjects, and contacts, for special treatment as well as priority issues that need to be brought to the attention of head of office.
- Assist in establishing internal tracking systems and procedures for correspondence and documents; monitor work progress and cases of priority and concern to the head of office.
- Arranges appointments and maintains supervisor’s calendar, receiving high ranking visitors, places and screens telephone calls and answers enquiries; Organizes high-level meetings including taking responsibility for finalization of the meeting agenda, invitations, the production and distribution of documentation, and preparation of minutes of meetings. Distribute meeting reports and information and ensure follows-up on required actions.
- Assist the supervisor to organizes and facilitates the administrative work of the office including establishing internal procedures and tracking systems for correspondence and documents: receives screens and registers correspondence and documents.
- Administrative assistance and secretarial support services to the head of field office to facilitate smooth running of the Office and effective processing of information, data and custody of documents.
2.) Professional image projected through in-person and official interaction. Discretion exercised with confidential information and complex sensitive subject matter:
- Keeps abreast of activities of importance, latest policies, procedures and organizational changes affecting the team.
- Establishes and maintains a records management system containing reference materials and confidential records as required.
- Prepares briefing materials for supervisor concerning official trips or special meetings; drafts responses to written inquiries on a variety of routine and non-routing questions
3.) Effective preparation and knowledgeable delivery of correspondence/communications, documentation and reports contributing to achievement of work objectives:
- Assists supervisor in making transport arrangements for field mission visits for staff as per monthly travel plan and arrange for timely airport pick up and drop in respect of travelers including MOPOL transport arrangements where required. Ensure provision of MOSS compliant vehicles for protocol services.
- Contribute as required by supervisor/Administrative Assistant GS6 to linkage with Administration Unit at Abuja to make flight bookings and ensure timely issuance of flight tickets for staff members on mission. Review ticket invoices against bookings made to ensure accuracy before processing payment
- Support the Supervisor as assigned with issues regarding hotel reservation to meet office and partners’ needs, works closely with team colleagues and provides support in achievement of work priorities and objectives.
- Contribute to establishment of follow-up system of actions taken and reports to the supervisor.
4.) Well managed and effective office operations, systems and procedures that facilitate team work and the work of the office:
- Verifies that the work is done in accordance with corporate standards and within established deadlines; monitors work progress and cases of priority and concern to the supervisor.
- Works closely with team colleagues and provides support in achievement of work priorities and objectives.
- Undertakes any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
5.) Proper records and documents well maintained in the field office:
- Maintains records and confidential documents in the field office.
- Maintain auditable filing system of all the financial documents ensuring that they are filed sequentially, month by month and are duly organized in clearly labelled subject files.
- Operations of delivery of administrative support services on travel & missions are timely and effectively provided.
Position Grade Factors
- The post will cover a variety of tasks linked to a specific work plan. While detailed instructions will be given to the incumbent, the variety of work require the incumbent to check own work and to take initiative in identifying potentially problematic situations and discussing with supervisor.
- Key work relationships are within and outside the organization.
Inside the Organization:
- Range of contacts at all levels in UNICEF Nigeria, with regard to organising own work, follow-up matters, meeting arrangements, dissemination of information and sharing.
Outside the Organization:
- Senior managers from external organizations and agencies – for the purpose of meeting arrangements, exchange of information, and requests for materials.
- The post works with some level of independence within specified guidelines and is proactive in accomplishing tasks amid deadlines in line with workplan agreed with supervisors..
- Familiar with organizational systems and structure, and is motivated in gauging appropriate course of action with due consultation with head of office.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Completion of Secondary School Education preferable High School Diploma, and business courses or other relevant disciplines.
- Five (5) years of experience in general office and administrative support or secretarial duties.
- Ability to organise meetings and events
- IT Skills – Computer literacy and the ability to effectively use standard office software tools and other office technology to create documentation, exchange and archive e-mail, and maintain electronic filing systems.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of another UN language and local working language of the duty station, an asset.
i.) Core Values (Required):
- Diversity and Inclusion
ii.) Core Competencies (Required)
- Communication [ II ]
- Working with People [ II ]
- Drive for Results [ II ]
iii.) Functional Competencies (Required):
- Learning and Resarching [ I]
- Planning and Organizing [ II
iv.) Following Instructions and Procedures:
- Analyzing [ II]
- Technical Knowledge
Application Closing Date
1st August, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.