United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
- International Consultant, POLIO
- International Consultant – Health
- International Consultant (Mine Risk Education)
International Consultant, POLIO job vacancy at United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Job Title: International Consultant, POLIO, P3
Job Number: 496303
Location: Borno, Nigeria
Work Type: Consultancy
Purpose of the Assignment
- The main objective which is to sustain the interruption of Wild Polio Virus in Borno State through strengthened systems for EPI delivery and adequate response to any cVDPV outbreaks within the contexts of a weakened social systems and security compromised challenges.
- The position is to facilitate in strengthening coordination and collaboration among Polio partners and serve as a liaison between the State Emergency Operation Centre (EOC) and UNICEF Borno Field office and Country Office towards a systematic engagement and implementation of all necessary activities for Polio eradication.
- Work with State EOC to ensure adequate plans to improve immunization activities within the context of Polio outbreak response
- Work closely with the UNICEF team at Borno FO (Health Specialist, Immunization Officer, Polio communications specialist/C4D Specialist, under the overall leadership of the Chief of Field Office
- Work closely within the EOC to monitor progress and challenges; develop and implement plans to rapidly overcome the challenges to PEI in Borno State
- Provide technical assistance to the development of good quality State and LGA annual equity-focused operational plans and their review
- Share weekly updates with UNICEF Field and country office, and in case of urgent emerging issues, within 3 hours
- Support State and LGA level supportive supervision, monitoring and evaluation of immunization programmes.
- Other activities as identified by UNICEF, and national and state EOC.
- Monthly work plans
- Monthly progress reports on implementation and achievements of planned activities and milestones (Monthly statutory reports)
- Specific activity reports where necessary (e.g. Training Report for State counterparts capacity building)
- Trip reports on each mission travel and Notes for the Record (NFR) on meetings attended
- One end-of-mission report with a PowerPoint presentation for debriefing of partners at State and national level.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- University Degree (Medicine and Public Health) or a relevant Health professional qualification.
Years of relevant experience:
- At least 5 years year of professional work experience including planning and conducting immunization campaigns (Polio, Measles, CSM, MenAfrivac, yellow Fever).
- Good Computer skills including utilizing spreadsheets and databases to monitor key campaign indicators.
- Good understanding of Immunization systems and processes in Nigeria, especially within the context of campaigns, including State and LGA technical committees and Emergency Operations Centers.
- Experience working in security-compromised situations will be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
21st June 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.