The Norwegian Refugee Council seeks to recruit to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Shelter Team Leader
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related fields in development
Years of Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience from working with shelter/NFI, houses construction/repair projects in a humanitarian/recovery context. Experience from working with social work and/or with distribution of humanitarian assistance is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken – in English required.
- Fluency in one or more of the national/regional languages (Hausa and Kanuri preferred)
- Must be willing to work as a team member, take direction, and share technical skills with colleagues and counterparts
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets is required,
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, GPS, ARC GIS and Google Earth is strongly desirable
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must have knowledge of emergency, transitional and permanent shelter construction requirements and protocols
- Familiarity with international minimum standards of shelter service delivery (i.e., SPHERE) is an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
Remuneration and Benefits
According to NRC’s directions
Job Specification(s): Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the Shelter activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans
- The Team Leader holds overall responsibility for management of the Technical and Social activities of the Shelter project including: project planning and implementation, assessment, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensure that all program data are accurately collected and reported; the shelter assistance is in fact provided to selected and approved beneficiaries; the quality and quantity of construction materials distributed; the shelter completion and occupancy.
- To assess the shelter construction training needs of the community and assists in the development of appropriate training materials and plans
- Maintain updated and precise records on the geographical location of NRC beneficiaries
- Supervise and support the daily work of all shelter program staff
- Monitor and account for the statistical outputs of the team;
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on upcoming activities, progresses and achievements made in the designated areas of responsibility;
- Ensure correct implementation of NRC Security Policy;
- Maintain a close line of communication and cooperation with all relevant NRC counterparts in the country;
- Provide in-advance input on the overall program strategy and decisions in the designated area of responsibility
- When requested by the supervisor, participate in strategy and coordination meetings with national and international stakeholders.
- Ensure that all programming, administrative and logistical tasks are promptly and correctly completed in accordance with NRC policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Represent NRC in meetings and promote exchange of information with relevant external actors.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements
- Remain current on all issues related Shelter Programming and ensure that staff maintain and update their knowledge.
- Coordinate strategy and approach with other NRC offices and personnel.
- Conduct staff meetings and produce regular reports.
- Performs any other duties as requested by the shelter Program Development Manager
Apply Before: 27th May, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidate should submit their Application letter and updated CV’s to the following e-mail address: [email protected] The title of the position (Shelter TL- Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Start Date ASAP