The American University of Nigeria (AUN) is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Social Studies/ Civic Education Teacher
- English Teacher
Social Studies/ Civic Education Teacher Job Vacancy at The American University of Nigeria
Job Title: Social Studies/ Civic Education Teacher
Job Location: Yola
Department: New Foundation School
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for a Social Studies/ Civic Education Teacher. This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
To implement and deliver a balanced and relevant curriculum for the students and to support the overall social studies/civic education curriculum of the New Foundation School. He/she shall monitor and support the overall progress and development of the students both as a teacher and a mentor.
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Education and A good first degree in History; Sociology and Anthropology or any Art related from a recognized tertiary with three to five years teaching experience; OR any equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Possess high level interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be flexible enough to adapt to changing circumstances at workplace
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office programs.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Energetic, dynamic personality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility with time as completing certain tasks might involve working overtime.
- Good organizing skills and willingness to learn.
- A good workplace ethics.
- Adequate knowledge of AUN Policies and Procedures.
- The full-time social studies/civic education teacher is expected to have a general knowledge of the subject and experience.
- Ability to perform consistently under pressure and to meet set deadlines
- Proactivity in the work environment
- Working efficiently and continuously with a positive attitude.
- Dress Decently
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to [email protected] before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.