Job Title: School Administrator
Job Location: Niger State
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Sciences, Administration or related field (A Master’s degree would be an added advantage)
Years of Experience: A minimum of ten (10) years of school administrative experience. Experience should include program planning, implementation, evaluation and organizational support.
- A track record of strong interpersonal skills in relating with students, academic & non-academic staff, senior managers and colleagues in other areas of education administration.
- Applicants willing to relocate are welcome
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to motivate and work with a team to achieve results.
- Excellent organization, training, coordination and leadership skills;
- Ability to adapt and deal positively with change;
- Ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and work with a diverse group of people;
- Experience in organising, prioritising and managing time effectively;
- IT skills in areas such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases and the internet;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and respond to deadlines while working on multiple tasks;
- Exhibits the ability to be a creative thinker and self-starter;
- Ability to build community partnerships and maintain working relationships;
- Ability to work in a school bureaucracy;
- Proven skills in leadership, group facilitation, coordination, marketing, budgeting, data collection and evaluation;
Salary is very attractive and open to negotiation.
- The candidate is responsible for overseeing, organising and managing the administration, support systems and activities that keep a group of schools running smoothly.
- He/she will serve as the chief administrator of our schools in developing and implementing policies, programs, curriculum activities, and budgets in a manner that promotes the educational development of each student and the professional development of each staff member.
- The candidate will commit to promoting effective engagement with parents and community stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervisory: Provide supervisory and management support to school heads/coordinators
- General Planning: conceptualizes the broad goals of the school and plans accordingly to ensure that procedures and schedules are implemented to carry out the total school program.
- Represents school management at meetings and events.
- Facilitates Organizational Efficiency: maintains inter-school system communication and seeks assistance from central office staff to improve performance.
- Community: encourages the use of community resources, cooperates with the community in the use of school facilities, interprets the school program for the community, and maintains communication with community stakeholders
- General Coordination: ensures that the school program is compatible with the legal, financial and organizational structure of the school system. The director defines the responsibilities and accountability of school management staff and develops plans for interpreting the school program to the community.
- Enhancement of Personnel Skills: provides activities which facilitate the professional growth of the school staff and enhance the quality of the instructional program.
- School Objectives: Work with school heads to identify the annual objectives for the instructional and extracurricular programs of the school.
- Provide specific professional development on a range of topics and issues, including, but not limited to: (a) parent and community engagement (b) help teachers to communicate and work with parents and community members to assist in improving achievement.
- Recruits and supports school site team that includes the Host Community.
Apply Before: 21st October, 2016
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected] “NG-SA-02” as subject of mail
Note: Applicants with similar responsibilities listed above will be contacted for interviews.