Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, a multinational manufacturing company with branches in Nigeria, to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior General Ledger Accountant
Job Location: Nigeria
- B.Sc / HND (Accounting/Social sciences)
- ACA /, ACCA (Compulsory)
Years of Experience: 5 years post NYSC working experience with minimum of 3 years in similar role.
- Decisive under pressure considering the criticality and urgency of decisions
- Pro-actively analysing the balance sheet for risks and opportunities
- Management oriented towards performance and results
- Leadership potential
- Good integrity and ethics; Trustworthiness
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Team player and ability to work independently
- Good knowledge of an ERP environment – ideally JDE or SAP
- Practical knowledge of IAS, IFRS
- Internal controls
- Good knowledge of industry/manufacturing accounting
- Familiar with local statutory requirements on financial reporting
- MS-Excel Knowledge
- Effective communication skills with people at all levels of the business
Very attractive package
- The Senior General Ledger Accountant is in charge of managing the General Ledger of the legal entity of his/her scope.
- The role will ensure that the books reflect the true financial position of the entity and that all transactions booked into the accounts are IFRS compliant, conform with relevant local statutory requirements, group policies, world-class performance and internal control standards through implementing best practices and Group policies and procedures.
- The role ensures that all transactions in the ledgers are fully recorded in accordance with the Group and Country accounting policies, chart of accounts, and related accounting principles and practices. The function is ultimately accountable for the correct booking of all transactions in line with internal procedures and statutory rules.
- Perform all the necessary controls and make any adjustments needed.
- Ensure that all account reconciliations are performed at an appropriate frequency and discrepancies resolved on a timely basis in accordance with group guidelines and professional best practice.
- Ensure that all data and information provided in his/her scope is reliable and correct.
- Perform periodic balance sheet reconciliations
- Identify, implement and communicate process improvements.
- Perform and lead month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing
- Monthly balance sheet review with adequate schedules analyzing the financial position of the business
- Perform monthly Inter-company reconciliations with counter parties
- Maintain a master list of journal entries
- Ensure adequate provisions and accruals are maintained from time to time
- Providing the lead way for the external auditing of his/her entity and maintaining good audit relationship in the process.
- Ensure accurate, reliable, and timely monthly closing.
- Support the preparation of statutory information and validate the data used to compile statutory results.
- Contribute to ad hoc financial reporting by ensuring the correct level of support is available for the preparation of any ad hoc financial report.
- Manage all changes in accounting policies received from the Group as well as from the Country.
- Optimize group and internal control policies and procedure
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply