Save the Children is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Photography and Imaging Editing Consultant
Job Location: Jigawa and Zamfara
Educational Qualification: At least a degree or diploma or training in photo journalism will be an added advantage.
Years of Experience: Five years progressive experience as a photographer
- Experience taking photographs for development related agencies and projects
- Previous experience of working with SCI or any national and international NGOs.
- Availability and willingness to travel to Zamfara and Jigawa states; cognate field experience is required.
- Ability to work in close coordination with other team members.
- Ownership or possession of a high resolution state of the art digital camera/equipment is a MUST.
CDGP Nigeria (Save the Children) is seeking the services of a professional photographer with experience in taking development work oriented photographs. The photographer will assist the organisation to document its various projects activities and success stories through photography. These photographs will form part of CDGP project/programme photo portfolio.
- To capture high resolution images of CDGP’s various programme/project activities in various parts of the country.
- Caption each photograph with specific details such as the location taken, name of the person (for portraits), activity and any other relevant information.
- Provide CDGP with at least 1000 high quality photographs on 2CD-roms and 32GB flash drive from all the project LGAs. The copyright for all these photographs remains with SCI/CDGP Nigeria.
- Review currently available case studies within the programme.
- To translate and reproduce English-voice over CDGP video documentary in Hausa.
- A collection of photographs (Jpeg and PNG versions) depicting CDGP’s work across its core programme areas – Cash transfer, One-on-One Counseling, Targeting and Enrolment, Food Demonstration, Exclusive breastfeeding, IYCF support group sessions, CHEWS Nutrition Education, beneficiaries (with significant story of change).
- A collection of sample photo essays of project beneficiaries of CDGP projects across all its core programme areas.
- Edited and captioned pictures to illustrate uploaded stories.
- Training report with agenda and training curriculum.
- Compendium of success stories from beneficiaries.
- Hausa-voice over CDGP Documentary Video (in CDs, 8GB flash drive and online-supported version)
- Access to relevant project documents necessary for execution of the duties under this consultancy;
- Provision of logistic arrangement to and within the project states.
- 20% upon submission of acceptable drafts; and
- 80% Final payment upon submission of the final outputs, incorporating suggestions and recommendations from CDGP.
Apply Before: 06 Sep 2016
How to Apply:
- A Job Proposal: Letter of Interest, stating why you consider yourself suitable for the assignment;
- Personal CV highlighting past experience in similar projects; and
- Work references – contact details (e-mail addresses) of referees
- Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee (lump sum fee) and a breakdown of expenses (unit price together with any other expenses) related to the assignment.