International Organization for Migration (IOM) is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Regional Migration Management Specialist
Job Location: Abuja
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree/HND
Years of Experience: 7 year(s)
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven expertise in the area of migration management, including regional consultative processes, migration data and policy development immigration and border trafficking;
- Knowledge of the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS) and understanding of regional issues;
- Experience in liaising with regional bodies, governmental authorities, other international/national institutions;
- Previous work experience in the West African region desirable.
Fluency in English and French is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Apply Before: 17th May, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates can Click Here to Apply
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM recruitment system.