Michael Stevens Consulting is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Job Location: Lagos
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- ACA or ACCA preferred
Years of Experience: The successful candidate will be a strategic individual with a minimum of 12 years of managerial accounting and financial management experience in the FMCG environment
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller the FMCG environment.
- The successful candidate will be a strategic individual with a minimum of 12 years of managerial accounting and financial management experience in the FMCG environment.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Coordinating the accounting operations of a member of subsidiary companies.
- Analyzing financial results of the subsidiary companies with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets.
- Financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Coordinating, preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports of the subsidiary companies.
- Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns and information.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Managing cash flow.
- Conducting Performance Analysis of subsidiary companies.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support growth needs of subsidiary companies.
- Developing and coordinating all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Oversee contract bookkeeper.
Apply Before: 22nd September, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: