Mercy Corps Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Procurement Assistant
- Procurement Officer
- Senior Procurement Officer
Procurement Assistant Job Vacancy at Mercy Corps Nigeria
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Location: Abuja (with travels)
- Mercy Corps has been present in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its interventions on women’s empowerment, economic development and conflict mitigation. With the insurgency spilling over from the north east of Nigeria and causing displacement of thousands of individuals, Mercy Corps interventions in Nigeria are implemented in a conflict and gender sensitive manner.
- The Operations department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the logistics and purchasing of goods and services for country office in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The overriding objective for all Mercy Corps procurement and logistics activities are the prompt and effective provision of procurement and logistical solutions as well materials and services to Mercy Corps’ beneficiary populations in compliance with Mercy Corps’ and donor policies, procedures, regulations and specifications.
General Position Summary
- The Procurement Assistant is responsible for facilitating the general aspects of Mercy Corps procurement and logistics operation.
- Working closely with Program, Administration, Finance and Logistics.
- The Procurement Assistant is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her services.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist procurement team with daily coordination of MC procurement activities;
- Able to understanding of MC procurement policies and formats.
- Collects quotations and bids from the market for PR’s as assigned by supervisor – as per Mercy Corps standards and formats;
- Interact with vendors during collection of quotations – explain Mercy Corps formats and ensure that vendors will use the provided forms.
Ensure fair competition and strictly adhere to MC procurement rules regarding vendor relations as described below:
- Interact with contractors, in coordination with the Procurement Officer;
- Prepare the required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed to MC standards.
- Assists the P&L management and office staff with procurement activities, as required;
- Assists Senior Operations Manager with asset management.
- Identify assets during the course of procurement and notify the Asset Controller on receipts of assets.
- The Procurement Assistant will conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Other duties assigned.
- Accountable for Mercy Corps Field Procurement Manual, Field Asset Management Manual, Fleet Management and Warehouse Management Policy Guidelines and other in-country policies and procedures in logistics and procurement management as well the MC Code of conduct regarding procurement activities and MC Conflict of Interest policy.
Reports Directly to:
- Senior Procurement Officer
Works directly with:
- Finance team, Abuja based logistics and procurement staff
- Co-ordinates with Mercy Corps program and operation staff regarding procurement planning and activities.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in a relevant business field is desired
- Minimum of 1 year experience in supply chain management; international business or related field.
- Certification in procurement and supply chain management, an advantage
- Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Good oral and written English skills.
- Good computer skills on MS Office programs especially in MS excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgement
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
- Good spoken and written English
- Computer literate and strong organizational skills.
Application Closing Date
21st August, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their CV’s and Cover letter, addressing the position requirements to:
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we encourage women to apply to this position.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.