Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
- Country Electrician
- Information & Comm. Technology Supervisor
- Logistics Supervisor
- Country Bio-Medical Technician
Country Electrician job vacancy at Médecins Sans Frontières
Job Title: Country Electrician
Location: Abuja based but 70% of the time on the different field project (Jahun, Maiduguri, Port Harcourt, new project)
- Carry out installation of needed electrical equipment as defined by each project.
- Assist with urgent support/ advice and carry out critical rehabilitation tasks and corrective maintenance interventions.
- Perform annual maintenance procedures and safety checks across facilities in the mission.
- Carry out and update the electrical installations inventory
- Elaborate the necessary documentation for carrying out energy installations projects
- Identify local technical actors, and organize their participation in the project
- Support the supply team in validation and quality control of energy equipment, spare parts, tools…
- Support logisticians on needs identification in terms of electrical materials, equipment’s & tools.
- Organize the technical training of the teams in charge of the service of electrical installations and equipment
- Carry out and regular update of power assessments in all MSF facilities in the mission.
Required Skills and Conditions
- Essential degree education and formal technical training. Electrician training or diploma required.
- At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF,
- Previous working experience as an electrician – 2 years mandatory
- Result oriented commitment, flexibility, stress management and capacity to work as a team.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa (preferably).
- Full-time, unlimited contract duration starting as soon as possible.
- 208 working hours per month
Application Closing Date
17th June 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s, copies of diplomas and a cover letter with contact details to:
Applications can be submitted by mail to:
Plot 26, Olu Agabi Close,
Abuja, Nigeria, in person (“application box” by the watchman desk) (With reference Country Electrician)
Note: Please make sure to submit your application by this date. Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.