IITA is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Foreman, Heavy Equipment
Job Location: Ibadan
Educational Qualification: HND/BSc in Mechanical Engineering
Years of Experience: At least Three (3) years of relevant work experience performing similar role.
Other Requirements: Competencies
Ideal Candidate must;
- Be experienced in repairs/overhauling and maintenance of all kinds of earth moving equipment, heavy duty trucks, generators and tractors.
- Have good team working and communication skills
Job Specification(s): Responsibilities
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist the heavy equipment superintendent by coordinating and receiving work assigned for maintenance services
- Keep down time very low by constant inspection of equipment, diagnose and repair of mechanical defects/failures in various heavy/earth moving equipment including diesel and petrol powered trucks and other mechanical equipment used in utility work;
- Assist in spot checking equipment for optimum performance and make necessary repairs to equipment prior to use and ensure adequate availability of these equipment;
- Assist in keeping complete records for equipment and spare part in stock for repairing purposes;
- Monitor activities of subordinate staff in the section;
- Assist in scheduling preventive maintenance and safety inspection for equipment and trucks with the assistance of Heavy Equipment Superintendent;
- Perform any their duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Apply Before: 12th October, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested applicant should forward their Applications include covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.