The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following positions below:
- Radio Operator
- Field Officer (Prosthetics and Orthotics Program)
- Health Program Assistant (ALMANACH Program)
Radio Operator Job Vacancy at ICRC
Job Title: Radio Operator
- Independently operates all radio and satellite equipment for voice and data communication
- Independently facilitates radio and telecommunication contacts and permanent field follow-up according to internal guidelines
- Selects most efficient mean of communication (inside and outside ICRC), taking in account format electronic or paper), speed and price
- Operates all machines for Voice (Tel, VHF, HF) and satellite telephone and maintains daily radio and operations in the field mobile log
- Acts quickly in the event of an emergency and contact relevant managements to contain and help solve critical incidents maintain a detailed incident log for security reports
- Registers and treat incoming and outgoing information confidentially, rapidly and with accuracy
- Diploma in ICT or Electronic, additional vocational training in electronics, telecommunication, IT or similar field will be an asset
- Experience in communications/Radio operations within NGO’s or similar function preferably with an international organization
- Very good command of written and spoken English.
- Very good knowledge of Windows based computers
- Good knowledge of radio (HF & VHF) technology and satellite communication
- Excellent knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
- No prior criminal conviction
- Good knowledge of Hausa is an advantage.
- Capable and motivated to continuously update one-self on latest developments.
- Strong sense of responsibility and autonomy with good organizational skills.
Application Closing Date
16:30h; 29th July, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to:
- Please clearly indicate the preferred position E.G; “Radio Operator” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated).
- Late application will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.