iMMAP is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Job Location: Nigeria
- Advanced university Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Information Science or other relevant fields;
- A first level university Degree combined with an extensive relevant professional experience may be accepted.
Years of Experience: At least 15 years of experience with increasing responsibility in management positions, preferably within the UN or other humanitarian organizations;
- Proven ability and experience interacting with a wide range of organizations and stakeholders from the UN, donors, clusters, NGOs;
- Experience in emergency relief management and field coordination;
- Strong presentation and communication skills;
- Service orientated and ability to build consensus.
- Fluency in English is a must (written and spoken).
- Complete understanding of the UN cluster system and its functioning;
As part of the iMMAP commitment to organizational learning, and in support of the understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, it is expected that the PM will commit 5% of his/her time to learning activities that benefit iMMAP as well as individual professional development.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
iMMAP team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to beneficiaries of iMMAP programs, and to standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
Job Specification(s): The conflict between Boko Haram and Nigerian government has led to a humanitarian and security crisis, which has spilled over to neighboring countries such as Niger, Cameroon and Chad. An international coordinated military operation against the insurgent group has seen a massive population displacement and the worsening of the humanitarian situation. Recent military gains by the Nigerian armed forces resulted in the liberation of big swats of the north-east of the country, which were a stronghold of Boko Haram.
The humanitarian community is still assessing the scale of the needs in those areas and the United Nations, along with several national, international NGOs and the Nigerian government, is leading the response efforts to the millions in needs.
Scope of the Work
- iMMAP is looking for an experienced Program Manager (PM) with strong background in emergency settings.
- He/she will ensure that work plans are adhered to by the team and the strategic objectives of the project are achieved.
- The incumbent will oversee the team of national and international staff providing technical information management assistance to clusters/sectors in their work.
- Reporting to iMMAP Regional Representative and under the overall guidance of the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer, the Program Manager will provide management support to the IM Officers working with the clusters/sectors.
His/her duties are, but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate with team members to ensure consistency in iMMAP’s technical support across the sectors;
- Maintain continuous communication with the supported clusters for better delivery of IM assistance to their humanitarian programs;
- Provide the managerial support to the team and assist in resolving challenges faced in their work;
- Ensure timely reporting by the IMOs on their work;
- Monitor the performance and skills of iMMAP team members and ensure satisfactorily service to our clients;
- Organize periodic meetings with the donor to brief on the progress in the project implementation;
- Work closely with UNOCHA to ensure that efforts are coordinated and duplications avoided;
- Represent iMMAP in various coordination meetings with the UN, ONGs and donors;
- Provide monthly, quarterly and upon request performance reports, presentations and activities reports according to donor and HQ requirements;
- Perform any other duty as requested by supervisors.
Apply Before: Open until position is filled
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply