Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Business Hub Technical Manager
- Business Hub Commercial Manager
Business Hub Technical Manager Job Vacancy at IBEDC
Job Title: Business Hub Technical Manager
Specialization: Electrical Engineering (Power Option)
- To provide solutions when the network, technical equipment/infrastructure breaks down or are no longer functioning efficiently
- Coordinates the activities of the technical crew in carrying out technical operations at the Business Hub to ensure a high degree of reliability/availability of the network (maintenance, refurbishment, modifications; and construction, installations, commissioning, and testing of equipment.
- Prepares reports on technical operations activities as required
- Supervises contractors and ensures that all activities conform to company quality policies and procedures and accepted technical standards.
- Performs on-the-job training for technical crew on the proper use of equipment including accompanying SOPs.
- Maintains up-to-date Asset Registers for the Business Hub.
- Optimal control of power supply to priority customers (Energy Management).
- Ensures all technical equipment is functioning properly within safety margins
- Responds to customer complaints relating to the network / technical aspects – investigates root cause of problems and initiates corrective actions to rectify problems
- Ensures all field activities are carried out according to safety standards
- Escalates equipment conditions or other facility anomalies that could affect electricity supply which cannot be resolved at the Business Hub level
- Deep understanding of principles and practices of power distribution operations
- Good knowledge of methods, materials, practices and equipment generally used in the operation, construction, maintenance, and repair of electricity distribution systems
- Good knowledge of technical standards/ regulations and statutory requirements guiding electricity distribution systems
- Good stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Good report writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to operate/drive motor vehicles/trucks
- Deep understanding of principles of electrical instrumentation and mechanical installation, functions and maintenance
- Deep understanding of principles and practices of safety management
Qualifications and Requirements
- A first degree / HND in Electrical Engineering
- A post graduate qualification in power systems engineering or management fields is an added advantage
- Possession of certifications in Engineering is required; Membership of a professional body is required e.g. NSE, COREN
- At least 10+ years of varied maintenance and operational experience in the Power or Telecommunications Sector.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Driver’s license is required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th July, 2016.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.