Helen Keller International is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Neglected Tropical Diseases Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust and DFID Projects)
- Neglected Tropical Diseases/TT Program Officer (Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust Project)
Neglected Tropical Diseases Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust and DFID Projects) Job Vacancy at Helen Keller International
Job Title: Neglected Tropical Diseases Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust and DFID Projects)
Reports directly to: Program Manager – NTDs
- Since 1999, HKI has supported programs in the area of neglected tropical disease control, nutrition and eye health. Currently Helen Keller International (HKI) works in 12 states of the federation through its partnership with state governments and stakeholders at various levels. Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust HKI is part of a consortium led by Sightsavers, on behalf of the International Coalition for Trachoma Control (ICTC), in response to The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust’s (QEDJT) invitation to scale up trachoma interventions in a number of selected countries in the Commonwealth and contribute towards the global elimination goal of blinding trachoma by 2020. In Nigeria, Katsina State is the focal state for implementation of the project, which intends to carry out 15,760 trichiasis surgeries in 8 most endemic TT LGAs of the state over a period of 5 years.
- Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the M&E OFFICER is responsible for guiding the overall M&E strategy and implementation of related activities within the Trichiasis surgery Project and during MDA, supports the DFID United and QEDJTF projects.
- This is in addition to providing timely and relevant information to project stakeholders. It entails close communication with all involved in M&E design and coordination: core project and partner M&E staff; representatives from primary stakeholder groups; and the project coordinator, external consultants and field staff when appropriate, plus members of external M&E-related missions.
- Help revise the project logframe matrix, particularly in the areas of the objective hierarchy, indicators and monitoring mechanisms.
- Develop the overall framework for project M&E, for example, annual project reviews, participatory impact assessments, process monitoring, operations monitoring and lessons-learned during workshops.
- Guide the process for identifying and designing the key indicators for each component, to record and report physical progress
- Guide the process for identifying the key performance questions and parameters for monitoring project performance and comparing it to targets. Design the format for such performance reports.
- Design the framework for the physical and process monitoring of project activities
- Review the quality of NTD and Trachoma data in the project area, the methods of collecting it and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Review existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
- Collaborate with staff on qualitative monitoring to provide relevant information for ongoing evaluation of project activities, effects and impacts.
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
- In collaboration with the NTD project officer, provide the Country Manager with management information that she/he may require.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in the appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussion fora to fill any gaps.
- Organise and undertake training with stakeholders, including primary stakeholders, in M&E skills, including participatory aspects.
- Guide staff and implementing partners in preparing their progress reports. Together, analyse these reports in terms of problems and actions needed. Prepare consolidated progress reports for project management to submit to the relevant bodies, in accordance with approved reporting formats and timing.
- Prepare monitoring reports, analyse them for impact evaluation and identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation.
- Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project staff, implementing partners and primary stakeholders.
- Make regular reports to the project team highlighting areas of concern and preparing the documentation for review at meetings.
- Carry out additional tasks, as requested by the NTD Program officer or any other senior office(s).
- A first degree in statistics, mathematics or public health or science related field;
- Maximum of Masters degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, public health or related field;
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years working as an M&E officer in a development field; Ability to analyse data using EPIinfo, SPSS, SAS or similar statistical software and familiarity with android-based survey collection tools will be an advantage.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge pertaining to job requirement
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Able to work under pressure minimal supervision and able to meet up deadlines.
- Ability to use computer software such as Microsoft office, internet.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and a good team player.
- Demonstrates excellent personal integrity and confidentially
- Experience in M&E system design;
- Experience in data processing and with computers.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s which should indicate at minimum applicant’s qualification and dates obtained; previous work experience and dates; age and referees, covering letter to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Applications received after 5pm on the day will not be considered.
- Only applications submitted electronically shall be considered
Application Deadline 9th January, 2017.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.