GlaxoSmithKline Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Nigeria/WCA IT Manager
- Warehouse Managers
- Assistant Company Secretary/Legal & Compliance Services Manager
Nigeria/WCA IT Manager Job Vacancy at GlaxoSmithKline Nigeria
Requisition ID: WD84774
Position: Full time
Functional area: IT
- To act as a single point of contact and accountability for IT business partnering, projects and service delivery.
Stakeholder Management & Strategic Partnering:
- Provide functional and thought leadership to IT and business leadership teams on ‘art of the possible’ to inspire and drive innovation and transformation in GSK businesses.
- To work as IT Single Point of Contact for in-market Pharma business.
- To provide leadership and consultation to Pharma stakeholders on IT investments and value-add activities in alignment and support of business strategic initiatives.
- To work closely with the Pharma business to understand and ensure local business requirements, expectations and opportunities for countries in scope are identified, prioritized and represented in GPIT strategies.
- To influence and actively participate in the definition and prioritization of GPIT strategies and solutions.
- To work with the GPIT Leadership Team and key market business stakeholders to ensure the successful and on-time strategy deployment for Corporate Business Services (CBS) and GPIT projects, target operating model and delivery of benefits.
- To ensure IT budget and funding is approved by all stakeholders both locally and above country and manage/track the market IT budget.
Project Portfolio Management & Delivery:
- To ensure that all pre-project business analyses and other activities necessary to build Business Case, start projects and control budget are delivered.
- Define problem statement and involve proper IT and non IT stakeholders, specialists and Business Consultants necessary to deliver Business Case and start project and ensure successful project delivery.
- To ensure business users of new and/or changed IT systems modify their processes and/or ways of working to derive the planned benefits from the system.
Service Management & Delivery:
- To ensure that Customer Satisfaction is regularly measured, analysed, necessary corrective actions and improvement actions are taken.
- To lead/facilitate serious escalation processes in countries in scope and to lead/coordinate the GPIT response to crisis situations, like unavailability of a critical system, data loss, FLU Pandemic, etc.
Support other Business Unit Operations:
- Support Consumer and GMS operations where there is no IT representation from these Business Units
- At least 8 years’ relevant experience in the application of information technology to solve business problems, with at least 2 years’ experience in IT management and relationship management with IT vendors and in-sourced IT service providers
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Comprehensive knowledge of system design principles and methodologies including requirements management, change management, issue management, financial management and quality control
- Good knowledge of business & cross company processes and strategies and good understanding of how the business processes are supported by key IT systems (ERP, CRM, HR respectively). Hands on experience in a program or project role will be a bonus.
- Regional working experience and proven track record in leading and influencing cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Ability to manage complexity and derive simplicity from it whenever possible
- Strong matrix working skills, including networking and teamwork abilities
- Strong Account Management skills & customer focus
- Budget management experience
- Strong management & interpersonal skills with other cultures and communication skills.
- Strong matrix management skills, including networking and teamwork abilities
- Strong multi-tasking skills and prioritisation skills with a flexible attitude as priorities change.
- Ability to proactively coach and develop staff across the varying countries and cultures.
- Ability to strategic thinking, planning and fast learning. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong spoken and written skills in English required (in addition to English, French will be an asset)
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.