FHI 360 seeks to recruit to fill the following vacant positions:
- Primary Health Care Coordinator – Northern Nigeria Crisis Response
- Response Coordinator – Northern Nigeria Crisis Response
- Reproductive Health Manager – Northern Nigeria Crisis Response
- Protection Coordinator – Northern Nigeria Crisis Response
- Operations Coordinator – Northern Nigeria Crisis Response
- Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Coordinator – Northern Nigeria Crisis Response Water
Primary Health Care Coordinator – Northern Nigeria Crisis Response Job Vacancy at FHI 360
Job Title: Northern Nigeria Crisis Response – Primary Health Care Coordinator
Job ID: 17818
- The conflict in Nigeria’s northeast, provoked by Boko Haram, has resulted in a growing humanitarian crisis with an estimated 7 million people in need of emergency assistance and at least 1.8 million Internally Displaced Persons. These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food security.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 20 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- The Primary Health Care (PHC) Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to manage and support all primary health and clinical activities for three sites of the new liberated government areas (LGAs) – Dikwa, Bama and Gwoza – with potential for additional sites.
- Under the supervision of the Response Team Coordinator, the PHC Coordinator will manage all activities related to primary health while ensuring the quality of service and correct application of the treatment protocols.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Provides technical support and manages primary health care activities for three project sites.
- Provides technical guidance in the development and dissemination of tools, protocols and interventions for the project.
- Provides technical guidance and capacity strengthening for field project site PHC officers and health clinic staff.
- Conducts analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical strategy and guidelines.
- Provides leadership and team building.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to problem solve and implements corrective action as needed.
- Ability to respond to dynamic, evolving situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent – Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International.
- Typically requires 5-8 years of project management and technical assistance experience.
- Experience implementing primary health and clinical activities in humanitarian/crisis response projects required.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.