3Gas is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Female Secretary
Job Location: Rivers
Educational Qualification: Relevant educational and/or domestic qualification
Years of Experience: Not Specified
Other Requirements: The ideal candidate should;
Possess an International Passport with experience in working within the following areas:
- Organizational Design, Organization Culture Change, Strategic Change Management, Operational Change Management, Human Resource Functional Optimization;
- Possess direct sales/outdoor sales industry experience or the ability or willingness to contribute to business development, through support for new business; and
- Ability to travel 80‑100%.
- Have established leadership skills and the ability to exercise a high degree of professional initiative, including communication with other organizations;
- You must possess a solid knowledge base in business, organizational theory and practice, strategic and tactical organizational design, change management and business process design;
- Experience of delivering projects and supporting change in an in‑house environment;
- Experience and knowledge of working in a specific industry;
- Excellent facilitation, communication and data analysis skills;
- Experience of managing client relationships and small teams;
- Be conversant with the preparation of budgets, documents and the organization of meetings;
- Have active or excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Responsibility, loyalty and diplomatic tact;
- Understanding of the Company’s status and role;
- Competence in selection of staff, excellent supervision, instructional and management skills;
- Computer skills (word, excel, internet explorer);
- Demonstrate aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach).
- Possibility of travel at short notice.
- Young, dynamic and energetic achiever (Aged 20 – 25 years)
- Previous work/industry experience
- Eloquent, Good dress sense, hardworking and good work ethic
- Live within reasonable distance of Rumuigbo, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- Must be result-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment. Physical capability to handle LPG cylinders on a daily basis is required. Knowledge of LPG systems, products and PHC area would be an advantage.
- The position best suits an individual with sales, negotiating and interpersonal skills. Further competencies include, demonstration of successful winning approach to securing new clients, customer focus and business acumen.
The successful candidate for this role has a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative company. This is a potentially long – term, stable opportunity with great career prospect for candidates who can impress and maintain a correct attitude.
- The Secretary serves as the liaison between the Board of Directors, the Authority, its advisory bodies and the public, ensuring that all matters are handled effectively. In addition, the Company Secretary will achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services.
- Personal contacts are essential to secure new business accounts/customers.
- The Secretary shall be responsible for administrative and executive services. Also for the implementation of company policies and other activities as required, and shall report thereon to the 3EO.
- She will be able to draw on her technical expertise to promote/sell/secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Demonstrate products and services to existing/potential customers and assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- The Secretary shall have overall responsibility for planning, coordination and administration; in accordance with the Board and the decisions of the Management, subject to the requirement that all matters, including documents having policy, financial or programme implications, should be reported to the Board/3EO, through established channels.
- She shall, for administrative purposes, be responsible to the 3EO and, on technical matters, shall be required to coordinate her activities with those of the relevant line heads in the Company.
Details of Function
Prepare and implement work programmes, prepare budgets and ensure timely reporting;
- Organize business sessions of the Company and its subsidiary bodies and other related Ad Hoc meetings;
- Promote, facilitate and monitor the development of the Company’s information system
- Coordinate Staff programmes, when required;
- Participate, as appropriate, in the supervision of activities of projects carried out under the general framework of the Company or its subsidiary bodies;
- Take such appropriate steps as may be required to ensure coordination between the activities of the Company and other relevant bodies, with particular reference to all matters having policy, financial or programme implications;
- Provide conditions for work of the Secretariat, organize and supervise it;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
- Make telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Manual Handling of LPG cylinders up to a 50kg cylinder.
- Plan and design meeting agenda and prepare meeting packs in consultation with the 3EO and ensure they are delivered or distributed to the Board members or staff;
- Attend Board, department and/or committee meetings;
- Ensure proper and orderly conduct of meetings;
- Take minutes, draft and distribute the minutes to Board / 3EO;
- Submit Board action plans to the 3EO;
- Monitor action plans to ensure plans are being addressed timeously;
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinate sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Maintain an active and effective network of company clients for routine communication of progress and results of their activities;
- Receive and transmit the Company’s official communications;
- Be responsible for the execution of the Company’s budget;
- Stimulate interest among existing and potential clients in the company’s activities or in implementing pilot projects and complementary activities;
- Supply management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Day to day, and annual responsibility for volume sales and margin for the territory.
- Ensure adherence to company SHEQ policy at all times.
- Review all legislative and regulatory developments and advise the Company accordingly;
Manage Human Resource:
- Monitor tasks and activities of staff members;
- Identify gaps and determine training requirements and exposure required (formal or informal education);
- Coach and mentor staff members to develop skills and facilitate skills transfer;
- Conduct performance reviews to identify key performance areas and personal development plans;
- Track and monitor performance of subordinates and address any areas of non-performance;
- Reports directly to the 3 Executive Officer (3EO) and the Board of Directors.
Performance based pay + perks and benefits
Apply Before: 8th July, 2016 [5pm]
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and CV’s to: [email protected]