Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) seeks to recruit to fill the following vacant positions:
- Radar/Radio Operator
- HSE/Fire Watch
- Piping/Structural Works Foreman
- Mechanical Fitter
- Painting/Blasting Foreman
Radar/Radio Operator Job Vacancy at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
Job Type: Full-Time
- The Radar /Radio Operator will be responsible for the surveillance monitoring of the maritime situations in and around the Field.
He reports to the Maritime Security Advisor /Port Facility Security Officer/Marine Ops Manager while carrying out the following duties:
- Maintain all round radar surveillance of the common Field 10Nm radius of the FPSO
- Monitor the field security layout under the responsibility of the OIM/RSES
- Observe and report the Maritime traffic situations around the field
- Provide appropriate challenge and response for effective security interventions
- Monitor and assign sporting sectors for effective security cover and patrols
- Operates the radio link between the shore/air/sea and the FPSO,
- Performs radio watch, and ensures transmittals of ingoing and outgoing messages
- Monitor helicopter arrival/despatch operations to/from base station and metrological information
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the MSA/PFSO
- Operate the surveillance radar and perform 12hour lyradar watch (2 watch system)
- Maintain periodic radio checks with the security boats and working vessels in the field
- Direct incoming and outgoing traffics through assigned sector of approaches
- Maintain accurate logof Maritime situations and interventions in the field.
- Take active part in the field security drills and exercises
- Operates the communication equipment when required (ex:emergency),
- Stand by radio, emission of outgoing messages,as instructed by the Marine Superintendent/MOM
- Liaises with helicopter(s) and allfield vessels’ spread,
- Receives and communicates to the MOM and/or Marine Superintendent any incoming messages related to their area of operations,
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Marine Superintendent/MOM
- Operates FPSO marine radars/radios for surveillance monitoring of the common MEZ
- Carryout Operational maintenance of radar and associated equipments on board
- Undertake radar/radio awareness training/technical instructions to personnel
- Ensure radar/radio contacts, challenge and reporting including accurate logging of events
- Maintains records of charts/marine publications associated with client’s site
- Encourage culture of HSE among team members by prompt a nomaly reporting and closeout.
- Maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings and propose ways of improvement.
- Comply with office security, health and safety rules, instructions and procedures.
- Take care of colleagues’safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene decisively
- Rotation status: 2 weeks on/2 weeks off (B2B). Offshore environment.
- Minimum one year of experience as a radio operator
- Radar/ARPA/AISTraining with excellent operating experience
- GMDSS General Operators Certificate is desirable
- CAA Radio Operators Certificate or Equivalent (VHF Airband Operator)
- CAA Offshore Meteorological Observer Certificate or equivalent is an advantage,
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel software,
- Good BOSIET and Medical Certificate
- Language: English
Application Closing Date
4th February, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: , Or
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.