Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is seeking qualified candidate for the following vacant positions below:
- Community Liaison Officer
- Engineering Team Manager
- Field Engineer
- Emergency WASH Project Officer
- Emergency Nutrition Officer
Community Liaison Officer Job Vacancy at CRS
Job Title: Community Liaison Officer
Location: Maiduguri-Borno State
Reports to: Area Manager
Liaises with: WASH, Shelter and Food Security Officers
- Coordinates all community-based relations for CRS construction activities; Ensures an integrated, community-driven development approach in accordance with the CRS guiding principles;
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Ensure the effective implementation of a community-driven development process.
- Ensure, in consultation with the Construction Manager, program compliance with CRS principles of justice, solidarity, and subsidiarity.
- Ensure gender is fully considered throughout the project cycle with women being enabled to influence decision-making.
- Facilitate appropriate problem solving relevant to CRS programming activities.
Management and Administration:
- Responsible for assessment, community relations/coordination, monitoring and evaluation, and social oversight of all CRS programming activities.
- Assist the Construction Manager in tracking financial resources, ensuring the appropriate allocation of funds and tracking of the corresponding implementation indicators.
- Develop and maintain appropriate project tracking and knowledge management systems for all project activities.
- Coordinate with CRS staff and external consultants to develop program- and management-quality capacity building training opportunities for staff as appropriate.
- Conduct regular team meetings concerned with the direct implementation of CRS projects.
- For all direct reports, develop a performance management plan on an annual basis; Provide performance guidance and feedback on a regular basis.
- As required, prepare or assist the preparation of concept papers, project documents and other material to develop or promote coordination/project activities.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Develop and implement village-based community monitoring systems, update/close-out end-of-project knowledge management systems/documentation, and end-of-project activities/evaluations as needed.
- Ensure that M&E systems are properly implemented and reported by team members.
- Regularly report the progress of program implementation to senior managers and technical advisors (i.e. monthly and quarterly reports in English).
- Develop and maintain appropriate channels of communication with senior managers, technical advisors and other CRS staff.
- Establish frequent contact and regular meetings between CRS staff and stakeholders, including community members, local authorities, partner organizations, other NGOs, BRR representatives and other government officials. Included in this coordination is oversight of BRR beneficiary lists and UN Matrices.
- Represent CRS at coordination meetings relevant to programming activities in communities.
- Assist in organizing site visits for senior CRS staff and donor partners as required.
- Collaborate with Construction Manager to draft appropriate advocacy letters related to implementation issues that require government feedback.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Deputy Country Representative/Programs, Emergency Coordinator (Borno State based), Nutritionist, Security Manager, Head of Operations, Nigeria Leadership and Management Team members,
- External: UN Agencies, IOM, Shelter Coordination Mechanism, Partner Agencies, NEMA, SEMA
Agency Wide Competences (For all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves withIntegrity
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
- University/Bachelor’s Degree in International Development or other related field.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to build/work in a team and to manage and motivate personnel and to draw on individual skills to advance agendas and problem solve.
- Proven ability to diplomatically make suggestions and advocate to technical managers on improvements to social programming activities in relation to engineering works.
- Experience in community development and mobilization, or similar self-help initiatives, and desire to work cross-sectorally to maximize integration of program delivery is essential.
- Familiarity with current standards and guidelines for humanitarian emergency responses, particularly Sphere Standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work in partnership with local communities and NGOs.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret administrative reports, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports in English; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, counterparts, government representatives, and regional CRS staff.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook Access- and ideally MS Project)
- Proficiency in English (oral and written).
- Self-reliance and an ability to work in challenging environments.
- Awareness and understanding of cross-cultural issues, in particular in representing a US-based agency.
Application Closing Date
2nd August, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the CRS Application Form below, fill and send with a detailed Resume in a single file Microsoft word document to:
Click here to download the CRS Application Form
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling biases as applications come in. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- This Job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
- This is a key staff position that will require USAID approval.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.