Jumia Nigeria is seeking for a Bank Reconciliation Team Lead who will manage the reconciliation team to ensure that all bank reconciliation activities encompassing the preparation and review of all bank accounts, borrowings, investments and loans are conducted in an efficient and timely manner.
Job Title: Bank Reconciliation Team Lead.
Job Location: Nigeria.
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related fields.
Years of Experience: A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Membership of an internationally recognized professional accounting body e. g. ACA,ACCA e.t.c
- Knowledge of Bank Reconciliation..
- Very good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Navision, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing skills, and ability to explain technical accounting issues to subordinates and colleagues.
- Good team player and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated competences for accuracy, attention to detail, integrity and update knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Manage the reconciliation team to ensure that all bank reconciliation activities encompassing the preparation and review of all bank accounts, borrowings, investments and loans are conducted in an efficient and timely manner.
- Supervise the investigation and follow up of all outstanding items on bank reconciliation statements with responsible persons and team.
- Supervise the collation and analysis of data to identify anomalies and ensure relevant and timely rectifications.
- Provide monthly summary of bank reconciliations for review by the Head of Accounting.
- Verify the reliability and accuracy of bank balances in the general ledger and trial balance.
- Manage information flows to and from other areas of finance and the business to resolve reconciliation queries.
- Ensure proper back up records of reconciliation statement.
- Input in development of underlying processes, reports and systems to facilitate ongoing improvement in efficiency and quality of reconciliations processes.
- Lead, Support and allocate tasks among team members.
- Develop ongoing training for all members of the bank reconciliation team to ensure suitable skill set and ongoing personal development.
Apply Before: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Click Here.
Must ensure that:
- Complete, timely and accurate accounting and reporting of all bank transactions are made in accordance with International Accounting Standards.
- Internal controls around bank reconciliation are adequate, effective and functioning properly;
- All bank reconciliations are properly and effectively prepared, coordinated and supervised;
- Financial reports of banking activities are timely and accurate;
Jumia is the largest e-commerce mall in Africa with over 100,000 unique visitors a day, buying everything from Fashion to Phones. Founded in 2012 in Nigeria, Jumia’s mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience.
Jumia is part of Africa Internet Group, a leading global incubator of startups specialised in e-commerce. Africa Internet Group is Africa’s leading internet firm, with already over 3,000 employees in over 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia.com,Kaymu.com, Hellofood.com, Lamudi.com, Carmudi.com and Jovago.com. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa Group and Goldman Sachs Group Inc..