APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Crane Mechanic
Job Location: Lagos
Educational Qualification: Trade Test/Certificate /Diploma as Mechanic.
Years of Experience: 3-5 years of experience as Mechanical in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants plus shift working experience.
- Code of practice
- Requires the ability to follow instructions & plan the work day.
- Required to keep work area organized, neat and efficiently planned (5S).
- Requires the ability to be responsive to emergency repairs with quality workmanship and service.
- Requires the ability to learn fast.
- Basic Electrical Knowledge
- First Aid
- Mobile Harbor Cranes, Rubber Gantry Cranes and Spreaders
- Self motivated
- Analytical and systematic
- Value and team-based leadership.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment.
- Competitive compensation packages
- An open and engaging working environment.
- A wide range of international career opportunities.
- To carry out all maintenance repairs and modifications on Mobile Harbor Cranes, Rubber Gantry Cranes, Spreaders and other plant and equipment in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Practice and the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Ensuring high standards are maintained.
- To evaluate and analyse the nature, cause and perform the repairs of breakdowns. Determining the optimal way of dealing with the problem, to achieve a quality and cost effective solution, as well as minimal downtime and maximum Operational availability of Container handling equipment.
- Use sound knowledge of rigging procedures to recover equipment from yard due to accidents as efficiently as possible, ensuring minimal delays to operations.
Apply Before: 4th August, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply