American University of Nigeria (AUN) seeks to recruit to fill the following vacant positions below:
- Research and Cataloging Lead
- Economics/Civic Education Teacher
- Professor of History
Research and Cataloging Lead Job Vacancy at AUN
Job Title: Research and Cataloging Lead
Department: Digital Services
Summary of Position
- The Research and Cataloging Lead shall be saddled with the responsibility of providing the needed publications/research materials to faculty and students to aid their research process.
- He/shall also group and organize research publications in a professional and orderly manner.
- As the custodian of the research publications, it is his duty to ensuring that confidentiality prevails in the way and manner research work is disclosed to the public.
- The position shall provide leadership to the entire research/catalogue team and report back directly to the Director-Digital Services.
- Leads the research / project and cataloging team to set and implement a vision for effective research and current cataloging practices that will enhance research among Faculty and students.
- Serves as Digital Services liaison to academic departments and liaise with faculty members for research and project needs of faculty and students.
- Promotes and coordinates the establishment of Institutional Repository and archives for the AUN. In consultation with the Director also makes Consortia arrangements with Institutions within and outside the Country.
- In collaboration with the Director, provides a short and long range plan for the enhancement of study and research in the Institution
- Identifies pulls and organizes relevant Open Access e-books in various disciplines for students, faculty, and staff as well assist towards the adaption of free peer-reviewed electronic textbooks for students.
- Promotes the use of Open Access and Open Educational resources among members of the University community and for Outreach programs through provision of “library in a flash”
- Provides individualized or group research assistance to students faculty and visitors; and on-the job training for new members of the unit.
- Constantly browses through designated databases to ensure their functionality and report to the Director defects noticed.
- Compiles bibliographies, simple indexes, pathfinders or guides and other devices that will aid in locating items from print and electronic resources.
- Assists patrons to acquire the skills that will enable them use mobile technologies: iPad, Kindle, smart-phones, wireless printers etc.
- Maintains and analyzes the statistics of the activities of his unit.
- Participates in Information Literacy classes, outreach programs and work shifts, when the need arises.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science, Information Science.
- A Master’s degree would be preferred
- Minimum of three to five years of professional experience in a digitalized learning resource center or library facility required.
- Ability to articulate a vision for reference services.
- One year of supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be flexible enough to adapt to changing circumstances at workplace.
- Must demonstrate a good knowledge of information communication technology in reaching out to faculty and students.
- Must also demonstrate team building skills including the ability to motivate, develop and mentor others.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Positive human relations skills.
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students and faculty.
- Proficiency in written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and with others in a changing environment.
- Evidence of initiative, resourcefulness, and adaptability.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes/CV’s, cover letters and references to: before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position or PREVIOUS to access the previous vacant position.