Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- High Pressure Welder P91
- Mechanical Maintenance Gas Turbine Technician
- Mechanical Fitter
High Pressure Welder P91 Job Vacancy at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
Job Title: High Pressure Welder P91
- Ability to understand welding processes, consumables, standards and codes for pipe and welding techniques on different position.
- Welding metals using 3G, 4G and 6G on GTAW, SMAW and FCAW on plates, tubes and pipes.
- Able to tests the process before welding and the finished weldment.
- Understand how weld colour is an indication of weld quality.
- Design of welded structures and understand the behaviour of welded structure under different types of loading.
- Joint design, fitting techniques, consumable inter configurations, fillers and base metal combinations, purging and welding processes.
- Proper cleaning of welding joints using acids and solvents.
- Applying protection from contaminants at elevated temperatures such as trailing shields, root shields and chamber welding.
- Reads blueprints, does layout work and pipe fitting.
- Assists other crafts in various types of mechanical work on compressors, fans, valves, boilers, turbines and other associated power plant equipment.
- Operate welding machine that feeds wire to bond materials.
- Use molten metal to join two pieces of metal.
- Connect copper plumbing pipes and thinner metals.
- Determine welding position and type of metal to be fused.
- Ensure welds meet standards and specifications.
- Load parts correctly and monitor machine constantly.
- Use heat from an electric arc to cut and trim metal objects.
- Dismantle large objects such as ships and aircraft.
- Knows the properties of various rods and fluxes used in welding metals
- Measure routings of pipe and fabricate pipe to fit existing in-line piping system; utilize instrumentation cut sheets to do take outs for fabrication of spool pieces
- Plan and layout sequence of installation to avoid obstructions
- Cut pipe using port-a-band saw, reciprocating saw, pipe cutters, power saw, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machine
- Welds include butts, sockets, boss roots, weldolets and fillets
- Must be able to read and interpret welding procedures, structural drawings, technical manuals, test documents and diagrams desired
- Must be able to work all shifts, at heights, confined spaces (in-tank welding) and extreme temperature conditions (cold, heat) as required
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of industrial mechanical systems
- Relevant working experience with High chrome welding, Alloy welding, P91 Welding, High pressure and temperature piping, HRSG, Boiler, CC Power Plant
- Minimum of OND
- Not less than 5 years experience
- Any additional technical certification
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2016.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should forward their CV’s to: use the position as the subject title
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.