Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Transformer Technician
- Turbine Technician
- Technical Facilitator
Transformer Technician Job Vacancy at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
Job Title: Transformer Technician
- This transformer technician role requires a highly skilled and self-motivated individual, who is conversant with design, installation and maintenance of power transformers
- Maintain electrical transformer equipment used in electric power generation and distribution.
- Conduct testing, measuring, and analysis of transformer.
- Transformer installation, inspection and maintenance
- Construction of earthing
- Fitteration of transformer oil
- Maintenance of bushing and cable end boxes
- Read blueprints and technical drawings; assemble, maintain, and rewind coils; and perform installations.
- Repairs/replaces worn/defective parts, motors, insulators, control devices, etc.
- Uses a variety of electrician’s hand tools, measuring devices, and testing instruments.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs of power transformer with capacities ranging from 2.5mVA – 150mVA.
- Perform the correct operation of transformer oil processing, including vacuum, oil filling, circulating and draining oil-filled transformers. Complete documentation of the process under the direct supervision and instruction of Team Leader or senior team members.
- Capable of interpreting complicated wiring diagrams and schematic drawings.
- Capable of laying out work.
- Ability to interpret industrial electrical wiring and troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of electrical equipment and circuitry so that you can safely troubleshoot, maintain, and repair high voltage electrical power transformers for generating stations, substations, and other locations.
- Good level skill in one or more of: Distribution, Power and Transmission electrical substation equipment in power ranges of Low Voltage (4160V – 13kV), Medium Voltage (13kV – 69kV) or High Voltage (69kV – 800 kV)
Must possess the ability to carry out:
- Pressure testing of transformer windings
- Inter-turn ratio
- Short circuit test
- Continuity test
- Excitation test
- Earth resistance test
- Dissolve gas analysis
- Pressure testing of the exploded LV cables
- Knowledge of insulation oil tests i.e.
- Dielectric strength tests
- DGA tests
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Must be willing and able to work regular overtime, including nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in Electrical Engineering or relevant course.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience as electrical maintenance technician, transformer technician, electrical fitter technician or related position.
Application Closing Date
8th July, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: using the position as the subject title.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.