Adam Smith International is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Communications Adviser
Job Location: Abuja
Educational Qualification: A post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline: International Relations, Communications or Journalism
Years of Experience: At least 5 years’ experience working in a high pressured strategic communications and/or knowledge management environment and leading approaches to stakeholder engagement and influencing
- Ability to engage with a diversity of audiences – target communities, donors and senior government decision makers
- Ability to edit and write an engaging story that gets to the core of who, what, when and why it matters and spot the details that make a story stand out
- Proven experience in knowledge management
- Computer literate in Microsoft packages. Knowledge of Adobe products is a distinct advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrates high tolerance for change, complexity and unpredictability
- Fluency in English is essential and French highly desirable
- Proven experience crafting messages in various formats (articles, press releases, websites, photos, success stories, blog entries, tweets, etc.) targeting a variety of audiences
- Exceptional, proven writing skills and the ability to summarise and repackage technical information in clear, compelling language
- Adam Smith International is seeking a Regional Communications Adviser with international experience.
- We are looking for someone with a diverse skillset and expertise in knowledge management, strategy, media and stakeholder engagement.
- The Adviser will report to the Country Director, and work closely with project Team Leaders and Adam Smith International’s corporate communications team in London.
- Edit and write accurate, newsworthy and compelling content that will include a mix of hard news, analysis, features, expert interviews, videos, photo essays, timelines, case studies, graphics and social media content
- Guide and support ASI and project teams in informing and influencing key stakeholders
- Support the Country Director with business development and work with Adam Smith International’s London HQ to lead corporate communications for the region.
- Work with project teams to design and implement communication strategies and action plans, potentially including behaviour change campaigns, external relations and knowledge management
- Organise media engagement and press trips to secure local and international press coverage
- Develop, update and disseminate targeted external communication products, e.g. thought leadership articles, case studies, photos, press releases, e-newsletters and websites using both traditional and new media channels
- Package lessons learned, results and best practice from projects and effectively communicate to a wide range of donors and stakeholders
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply