Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) is currently recruiting for the following position:
Job Title: HEAD, DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Job Location: Abuja
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB, BL)
- Masters degree and other post graduate qualifications preferred.
Years of Experience: Minimum of 15 years legal experience.
- Broad knowledge of ADR policies, procedures and processes.
- Litigation experience and experience working with Security agencies.
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Awareness of the sensitivity and confidentiality involved in the function.
- IT proficiency.
- Tenacity to manage a large work load.
- Broad knowledge of Company and Commercial Law.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Job Role involves using alternative dispute resolution procedures in addition to traditional processes of litigation and arbitration to minimize AEDC’s exposure to risk; ensure the provision of solutions that are practical, competitive and commercially focused.
KEY ROLES / RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Formulate strategy, provide legal advice, guidance and practical solutions on a broad range of legal issues and disputes including those pertaining to customer relations, staff, revenue protection, investigations, contractual disputes etc.
- Facilitate publication of successful prosecutions in the media to deter new and repeat offenders.
- Facilitate the representation of and where permissible represent AEDC in litigation, administrative proceedings, external investigations and reviews, and alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
- Prompt resolution of lawsuits initiated against the company through lawful and practical methods including but not limited to ADR techniques.
- Provide advice and guidance on internal complaint proceedings and internal investigations.
- Develop work plans, databases, policies and standard operating manual for the Function.
- Training subordinates.
- Handle all other issues assigned by the Company Secretary and Director Legal Services
- Develop appropriate framework for the effective engagement, supervision and monitoring of anti-graft and other security agencies handling matters assigned by the company.
- Develop appropriate framework for the engagement of external counsel and debt collection agents through appropriate engagements with Procurement.
- Conduct, facilitate and properly document investigations assigned to Legal Services and participate in incident / committee investigations.
- Develop and implement the framework for efficient case management
- Coordinate the prompt documentation, processing and referral of energy theft, meter bypass and other cases/lawsuits referred to or received by Legal Services.
Apply Before: 2nd August, 2016 at 5 pm GMT.
How to Apply: All applications should include curriculum vitae and cover letter only. The application should be emailed to [email protected]. The subject of your email should be the position you are applying for, i.e. Head, Dispute Resolution.
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Executive Director, Human Resources and Corporate Services.
NB: Only applications sent directly to the above email address and follow the above instructions will be considered and only suitably qualified candidates will be contacted